Author Topic: Vaccine is here  (Read 3948 times)

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
Vaccine is here
« on: November 09, 2020, 04:30:45 AM »
Pfizer, BioNTech say Covid vaccine is more than 90% effectiveŚ'great day for science and humanity'
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/covid-vaccine-pfizer-drug-is-more-than-90percent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

There was no lie.

Cardboard

Simba

Re: Vaccine is here
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 04:37:59 AM »
 8)

Been quite the journey guys

What a year

rb

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 05:14:02 AM »
Where can I get one?

mattee2264

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 05:34:40 AM »
 Obviously great news for humanity. What do we think are going to be the market implications?

Initial market reaction has been euphoric. Obviously a very effective vaccine that can be rolled out pretty quickly wasn't priced in and should accelerate a return to normal and amazing news for travel related stocks and energy stocks and financials. But on the other hand markets are trading well above where they were a year ago before anyone had even heard of COVID-19. And perhaps markets can no longer count on much fiscal and monetary support now.

Gregmal

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 05:46:37 AM »
2020 was basically like being in one of those game show cash grab machines....or my bachelor party at the Montreal strip club....so much money flying around everywhere. Lotta fun.

BG2008

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 05:57:52 AM »
Let's play the most likely to be benefited game, I think NYC office will see a huge pop today.  ThePupil will be dancing on the street today.

Six Flags
Disney (Theme Park)
Comcast (Theme Park)
Travel - Airlines
Expedia, Trandigm, Heico etc
What else could benefit? 
Williams Company for the pipelines, anything O&G related likely benefits today

StubbleJumper

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 06:04:33 AM »
Did I miss something?  That article didn't say when the first jab will be delivered.  I understand that Pfizer needs to collect data for another 3 weeks or a month before it can provide incontrovertible evidence that the vaccine works.  So, the first jab might be around December 1st?  And the first people with vaccine-induced immunity might be around January 1st?

SJ

BG2008

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 06:11:09 AM »
Did I miss something?  That article didn't say when the first jab will be delivered.  I understand that Pfizer needs to collect data for another 3 weeks or a month before it can provide incontrovertible evidence that the vaccine works.  So, the first jab might be around December 1st?  And the first people with vaccine-induced immunity might be around January 1st?

SJ

If you know anything about the equity market, it is very forward looking.  This provides hope and that's what you need sometimes.  It takes away the risk that a 50% effective vaccine is the only way forward. 

kab60

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 06:12:13 AM »
AMC up 70 pct. pre-market, SKT having a blast too

Gregmal

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 06:22:34 AM »
I guess this kind of pisses all over Joe's big Covid Task Force agenda......was supposed to be a very big deal for him today.