Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1475382 times)

Gregmal

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #4360 on: November 18, 2019, 07:49:25 AM »
Bought a little JEF at the open

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4361 on: November 18, 2019, 11:06:36 AM »
WFCF (food / meat certification business), which finally showed  some decent earnings and  better operating metrics. I was following the stock for quite some time and liked the business, but wasnít comfortable with valuation and execution until after the recent earnings report, which showed some promise.

DD (bought back some shares again).

I bought some more WFCF recently as well.  Almost doubling my position and reducing my cost basis.

Broeb22

« Reply #4362 on: November 18, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »
Added TRRSF (aka TSU.TO)

writser

« Reply #4363 on: November 19, 2019, 05:58:55 AM »
Buying CELG, selling BMY. Effectively buying the CVR @ $1.84, which was valued at $3.83 in May by BMY (link, page 10).

The preliminary estimate of the fair value of the CVRs was determined by applying a probability weighting to the potential $9.00 per share payment reflecting the probability of achieving all three necessary approvals. The probability-weighted value was then discounted to present value using a credit risk-adjusted discount rate.

As far as I know, all three legs are still 'on track'. According to the latest CELG 10Q:
Ide-cel (bb2121): The BLA submission for ide-cel in 4L+ multiple myeloma is expected in the first half of 2020
Ozanimod: The U.S. FDA accepted the New Drug Application (NDA) for ozanimod for the treatment of patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (RMS) and set a PDUFA date of March 25, 2020
Liso-cel (JCAR017): The BLA submission for liso-cel in patients with relapsed or refractory large B-cell lymphoma after at least 2 prior therapies is on-track for the fourth quarter of 2019

One can do both legs on margin. Deal close expected tomorrow. No sure money, but a decent bet. Time to leverage up the account?!
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.

Artha158

« Reply #4364 on: November 19, 2019, 07:11:54 AM »
Got some CELG, Thanks Wrister.

chrispy

« Reply #4365 on: November 19, 2019, 07:47:58 AM »
Has anyone looked at ALRM? It has been hammered since past earnings call but has nice metrics. I am not sure how much something like Ring actually affects their business. Moving to small businesses now too.

Stock has been dropping every day so I am just waiting to see a glimpse of it stopping.

TwoCitiesCapital

« Reply #4366 on: November 19, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »
FMCCJ @ $16

LC

« Reply #4367 on: November 19, 2019, 01:49:54 PM »
Bought some ABS as a symbolic gesture, sold TAP a few weeks ago around 58. Breakeven sale price, made a few % from the dividends...and very happy to get it out of the portfolio.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ads | brk.b | irm | mmm | mo | nlsn | pm | pypl | v | wm

no_free_lunch

« Reply #4368 on: November 19, 2019, 08:26:22 PM »
Does anyone know how the $50 payout to Celgene is categorized as far as taxes?  I assume it is not a dividend, is it return of capital?

lnofeisone

« Reply #4369 on: November 20, 2019, 02:46:53 AM »
Does anyone know how the $50 payout to Celgene is categorized as far as taxes?  I assume it is not a dividend, is it return of capital?

It's a capital gain/loss.