Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1746170 times)

Castanza

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #5180 on: April 03, 2020, 03:41:41 PM »
GOOG
VZ
T
CTL
RTX
PCYO
BAC

The market did come down the last few days, were you trading out prior to that? Essentially asking whether you are slowly accumulating or simply trading around the market volatility?

For me I bought some WFC, T the last few days. Was planning on buying some more WFC today but was caught up and didn't have time. Hopefully further opportunity presents itself!

I was trading in and out of GOOG and a few others but started to accumulate in the above positions today. Still have quite a bit of cash and continued cash flow that Iíll deploy if we keep going lower. Timing is too hard. Less stressful to just dca on good companies and think 20 years down the line.

LC

« Reply #5181 on: April 03, 2020, 04:17:03 PM »
Timing is too hard. Less stressful to just dca on good companies and think 20 years down the line.

Yea those are my thoughts too. Cheers  ;D
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

Spekulatius

« Reply #5182 on: April 03, 2020, 05:53:46 PM »
GOOG
VZ
T
CTL
RTX
PCYO
BAC

Bought GOOG with an L and a bit of RTX. GOOGL was a partial rebuy, as I sold most of my position a few days ago.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

sleepydragon

« Reply #5183 on: April 03, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »
Added Brkb

Broeb22

« Reply #5184 on: April 03, 2020, 08:50:34 PM »
CARR

shhughes1116

« Reply #5185 on: April 06, 2020, 11:41:14 AM »
More JPM and Google. 

Castanza

« Reply #5186 on: April 06, 2020, 12:05:57 PM »
GOOG

Gregmal

« Reply #5187 on: April 06, 2020, 12:32:22 PM »
Bought a little SPG

bskptkl

« Reply #5188 on: April 06, 2020, 05:25:31 PM »
I bought RDI today. It finished on its lows ($3ish) - looking really weak.
See attached Gabelli research piece.
I've managed to avoid this classic value trap for years until very recently, but I can't resist any longer!

One thought I had - if it declares ch 11, it would be good for equity holders in that there would be a mandated sales process. The management is absolutely horrible and are clinging to power by way of the RDIB super voting shares, which are holding up around $16ish. There is also a civil court case that may dislodge management.

I wonder how low it will go...

alwaysdrawing

« Reply #5189 on: April 08, 2020, 07:03:01 AM »
I'm buying puts on BURL.  Retailer with 100% of stores closed indefinitely, with no sales on website, because they closed it last year (!), and trading for over 20x trailing profits.

If they are closed for months, they will have stale inventory, a cash crunch, and are definitely not going to earn anything like last year's profits, and will almost certainly make significant losses. The valuation, which has only receded to levels seen last year in 2019, is still pricing in both profitability and growth, neither of which is likely.

I highly doubt they will be able to survive if coronavirus keeps them shut down for long, and even if they re-open, it seems unlikely they will be returning to the same level of sales, to say nothing of profitability.

My guess is shares trade down 75%+ over the next year, if they survive at all.