Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1883703 times)

york

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #5610 on: August 08, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »
Added Dundee Precious Metals - Being able to buy these guys on Friday below $10 was a treat I'm not sure we'll see again for a while.

kab60

« Reply #5611 on: August 11, 2020, 08:16:29 AM »
More Cambria Automobiles... US and Chinese auto dealerships having a good time, Motorpoint also back up, but Cambria isn't much up since the lows. No liquidity so takes time to get some shares.

jgyetzer

« Reply #5612 on: August 11, 2020, 09:38:41 AM »
IAC, LBRDA

Gregmal

« Reply #5613 on: August 11, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »
Bought a few Oct VIX $35 calls as my August ones roll off worthless. Also bought a small bit of BTI.

LC

« Reply #5614 on: August 11, 2020, 07:52:45 PM »
Also bought a small bit of BTI

Welcome to the club of 5 folks here invested in tobacco. We're always craving the next dividend hit and afraid of cancerous price movement.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

perulv

« Reply #5615 on: August 14, 2020, 07:50:58 AM »
I've been buying Intel in the last days. The low price, high ROA and long term steadily-ish growing earnings was just too tempting. I have no idea if and/or how quickly AMD will continue to steal market share. But then again, that marked will probably continue to grow.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5616 on: August 14, 2020, 07:57:44 AM »
I added a little to UI.  They should be releasing earnings soon and with everyone working from home and companies large and small upgrading networking equipment, I think the expected earnings are way too low.  Also they have been buying back shares and I expect they bought back a lot when prices were low.  Even if I'm wrong about this qrt this is a long term hold for me.

Castanza

« Reply #5617 on: August 14, 2020, 08:01:19 AM »
I've been buying Intel in the last days. The low price, high ROA and long term steadily-ish growing earnings was just too tempting. I have no idea if and/or how quickly AMD will continue to steal market share. But then again, that marked will probably continue to grow.

Same, not to mention there are over a dozen segments which AMD doesn't compete with Intel in.
Core: MSFT | GOOG | | VZ | INTC | RTX | MSGS | BATRK | TPL | USB | PNC | BAC | PCYO | PPL | GRBK | PLNT | ESPO | HACK

Saluki

« Reply #5618 on: August 14, 2020, 01:06:19 PM »
been picking up a little kinder morgan (KMI) whenever it dips below 15.  Still a small position, but I think I'll have some time to build on it as I sell off other things i own that get fully priced.
If it's important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it at all.  -Dan Gable

LC

« Reply #5619 on: August 14, 2020, 01:21:34 PM »
I added a little to UI.  They should be releasing earnings soon and with everyone working from home and companies large and small upgrading networking equipment, I think the expected earnings are way too low.  Also they have been buying back shares and I expect they bought back a lot when prices were low.  Even if I'm wrong about this qrt this is a long term hold for me.

Thoughts on competition from cheaper producers (mostly foreign e.g. tp-link)?

Ubiquiti makes great products. And I think from an investment perspective they are attractive in certain lights (crackdown on Chinese networking gear, for example).

But ultimately how do you get comfortable paying 35-40x earnings for a networking hardware producer? That is what is keeping me from dipping toes in.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom