Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 2218687 times)

JRM

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #6370 on: February 22, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »
Wildbrain

As a connoisseur of children's programming, I was shocked to learn how many brands and titles these guys own. 

backtothebeach

« Reply #6371 on: February 22, 2021, 02:26:31 PM »
Covered a Tesla short.  I do not have diamond hands.

It's fascinating to watch my own psychology, fighting the urge to cover my (miniscule) TSLA short. I had no problem with the paper loss when the stock hit $890. Now that I have a small gain (a smaller total amount than the previous paper loss), I am tempted to cover, even though my thesis was that the stock would pull back at least to the $500-550 range at some point.

What's wrong with taking a profit now? With this small trade it doesn't matter, but getting into the habit of tolerating large downside (in terms of P/L), but not allowing the upside to play out, seems like a bad strategy overall.

fareastwarriors

« Reply #6372 on: February 22, 2021, 03:38:23 PM »
Covered a Tesla short.  I do not have diamond hands.

It's not down That much.

I'm thinking in your thesis, you're expecting a much bigger drop.

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6373 on: February 22, 2021, 04:07:28 PM »
I opened the short position at the close when they joined the S&P at 695 / share.  I added to the short from time to time to end up with an average basis of about 836.  I don't want to hold large short positions in individual stocks and much prefer to be short an index or ETF.  Obviously I still think Tesla is valued far too richly but I am happy to close out the risk for now.  I would not be surprised at all if Tesla continued down much lower.

sethatk

« Reply #6374 on: February 23, 2021, 04:46:30 AM »
Wildbrain

As a connoisseur of children's programming, I was shocked to learn how many brands and titles these guys own.

I'm in WLDBF too, was gonna see if there was a thread and if not start one when I get time.
They own 80% of Peanuts among others and have a really interesting vertical integration from content development through consumer products sales. 

Ice77

« Reply #6375 on: February 23, 2021, 05:10:32 AM »
Wildbrain

I'm in WLDBF too, was gonna see if there was a thread and if not start one when I get time.
They own 80% of Peanuts among others and have a really interesting vertical integration from content development through consumer products sales.

Yep .. a really compelling monetisation story backed by strong execution (former Marvel executive), solid cash flows, really attractive multiple and lots of great kids content that is in demand by Netflix, DreamWorks and AppleTV+ besides one of the largest presence on YT. And a tight float to boot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 05:16:53 AM by Ice77 »

sethatk

« Reply #6376 on: February 23, 2021, 05:39:47 AM »
Wildbrain

Yep .. a really compelling monetisation story backed by strong execution (former Marvel executive), solid cash flows, really attractive multiple and lots of great kids content that is in demand by Netflix, DreamWorks and AppleTV+ besides one of the largest presence on YT. And a tight float to boot.

I like the runway here for sure. Kids content much better for product sales. Their YouTube channels do insane numbers. I like the CEO's focus on quality over quantity for new content creation.   

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6377 on: February 23, 2021, 06:55:05 AM »
Sold Jun 18th 2021 22.5 strike Puts on PSTH at $2.00 and $2.20

cubsfan

« Reply #6378 on: February 23, 2021, 07:11:27 AM »
Facebook - $256

valueventures

« Reply #6379 on: February 23, 2021, 07:27:27 AM »
I like Wildbrain too, Old West's Q4 letter had a helpful write-up.

Wildbrain posted a strong Q2, but my main concern is the leverage ratio.  While it's improving (they plan to bring it down to the mid-4x level by end of their Fiscal 2022), it's still quite high.  Do you see this as a concern?

(And agree we should start a separate thread on this!)