Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1451507 times)

twacowfca

• Lifetime Member
Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 01:47:02 PM »
La la lalalalalalala la la la . . .

sswan11

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »

Packer16

• Lifetime Member
  • Go Riders Go! Go Pack Go!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
I took a toehold position in OIBR.  I could not resist the cheap price and the PT CEO taking the helm.

Packer

no_free_lunch

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
Altius.  Iron ore can come down a ways and it will still be a good investment.

finetrader

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
Opened a position in Altius.
If it goes down more significantly I'm gonna attack this stock like a starved animal would do on a wounded prey.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:41:18 PM by finetrader »
Live to invest, invest to live

JBird

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
Altius.  Iron ore can come down a ways and it will still be a good investment.

What's your thesis, if you don't mind sharing?
Woman and wine, games and deceit, make the wealth small and the wants great. - Ben Franklin

giofranchi

• Twitter: @giovfranchi
    • Master School Politecnico di Milano
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »
In the last couple of weeks we've been buying more cash and more index puts.  Not much upside if the market goes up. but our portfolio could actually increase in value if the market takes a dive because of the quality of our main holdings.  :)

I find myself in almost the same position of twacowfca. And I am doing nothing (except watching Wimbledon and listening to the new Kanye West’s album). :)

giofranchi
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:15:54 PM by giofranchi »
Portfolio: AAPL, AMZN, BABA, BOSS, BRK.B, FB, FFH, FIH.U, FINX, FWONA, GOOG, IBB, JPM, LBRDA, MKL, NKE, QQQ, SFTBF, SMH, TCEHY, V, XBI, XT

giofranchi

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »
La la lalalalalalala la la la . . .

Well, cannot be sure what you mean... but... I DO AGREE!! ;D ;D ;D

giofranchi
Portfolio: AAPL, AMZN, BABA, BOSS, BRK.B, FB, FFH, FIH.U, FINX, FWONA, GOOG, IBB, JPM, LBRDA, MKL, NKE, QQQ, SFTBF, SMH, TCEHY, V, XBI, XT

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:46 AM »
In the last couple of weeks we've been buying more cash and more index puts.  Not much upside if the market goes up. but our portfolio could actually increase in value if the market takes a dive because of the quality of our main holdings.  :)

I find myself in almost the same position of twacowfca. And I am doing nothing (except watching Wimbledon and listening to the new Kanye West’s album). :)

giofranchi

Pretty much the same here as well.  I've seen quite a few movies over the last two months...only the last week have I found something to start looking at again.  Also busy with getting the Offshore fund off the ground...will launch August 1st!  I would be watching Wimbledon as well, but my man Nadal went out in the 1st round.  Now I won't watch until the round of 16.

If anyone is looking for a good theatre movie to watch..."This is The End" is very funny...raunchy, juvenile humor, with some great writing.  If you are looking for a good sci-fi film, watch "Looper"...excellent movie, wonderful acting!  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

giofranchi

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 01:31:27 AM »
If anyone is looking for a good theatre movie to watch..."This is The End" is very funny...raunchy, juvenile humor, with some great writing.  If you are looking for a good sci-fi film, watch "Looper"...excellent movie, wonderful acting!  Cheers!

I haven't watched "This is The End" yet, but I surely agree on "Looper": excellent movie, wonderful acting! :)

giofranchi