Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 2198218 times)

fareastwarriors

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #680 on: August 01, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »
bought some BAC

valueyoda

« Reply #681 on: August 02, 2014, 05:43:52 AM »
The financials offer a wide array of possibilities right now: Ocwen Financial, Altisource Portfolio Solutions, JP Morgan, Bank of America (plus A warrants), Citigroup, AIG, Genworth Financial, Sberbank.

Life Time Fitness, Seaworld Entertainment, Monsanto are some other names that come to mind.

phil_Buffett

« Reply #682 on: August 06, 2014, 08:15:41 AM »
fiat, altisource, Eurobank ergasius, horsehead, gazprom, sberbank, lightstream, penn west and clarke

tombgrt

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #683 on: August 06, 2014, 08:20:02 AM »
fiat, altisource, Eurobank ergasius, horsehead, gazprom, sberbank, lightstream, penn west and clarke

That's more names than I have in my portfolio. :D

Must say plenty of stocks have gotten cheaper quickly these last few days. AIQ, LRE, Fiat, GM, JPM, IBM, Intralot, .. for those that I follow closely. Let's hope the European correction blows over!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:33:58 AM by tombgrt »

phil_Buffett

« Reply #684 on: August 06, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »

That's more names than I have in my portfolio. :D

Must say plenty of stocks have gotten cheaper quickly these last few days. AIQ, LRE, Fiat, GM, JPM, IBM, Intralot, .. for those that I follow closely. Let's hope the European correction blows over!

:D yeah i have a Portfolio with a lot of names. i take the Walter schloss Approach. 

yeah youre right. a lot of stocks get cheap. i would buy all of that youre mentioned if i have more Money right now.

wachtwoord

« Reply #685 on: August 06, 2014, 08:50:12 AM »
I sold my PKX and CHL to pay for FIATY, LUKOY and UPL. Mostly because I think PKX and CHL are no longer undervalued (some appreciation and erosion of fundamentals).
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master"

phil_Buffett

« Reply #686 on: August 06, 2014, 08:55:51 AM »
I sold my PKX and CHL to pay for FIATY, LUKOY and UPL. Mostly because I think PKX and CHL are no longer undervalued (some appreciation and erosion of fundamentals).

i can understand you. also sold last week my posco to buy some stocks with more Price potential

yader

« Reply #687 on: August 07, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »
Jan 16 calls on PWE (5) and SD (3).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:11:44 PM by yader »
"But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness." 1 Timothy 6:11

Lance

« Reply #688 on: September 19, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »
SHLD and a basket of offshore drillers (ESV, SDRL and RIG). 

frommi

« Reply #689 on: September 19, 2014, 09:19:37 AM »

i can understand you. also sold last week my posco to buy some stocks with more Price potential

When you look at normalized earnings at Posco they are still pretty cheap. In the next steel bull cycle they should be able to earn 3x-4x of what they earn currently. And i doubt that Monish would buy something with 20% upside.  :)

I will probably look very stupid at the end of the year but i bought more puts today and have now around 50% in cash. And some of west`s Japanese picks have found their way into my portfolio. (Thanks!)