Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 2195783 times)

Hawks

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #800 on: October 30, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
more xom this a.m.

rpadebet

« Reply #801 on: October 31, 2014, 09:10:57 AM »
Amnf ... Reports record quarter after record quarter, increases dividend like clock work (3.5% yield), grows revenue and earnings at above normal rates. Still you don't pay for growth at current price.
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
                       - Steve Jobs

gary17

« Reply #802 on: October 31, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »
Amnf ... Reports record quarter after record quarter, increases dividend like clock work (3.5% yield), grows revenue and earnings at above normal rates. Still you don't pay for growth at current price.

Hi rpadebet - do you expect higher / faster growth to continue & what do you see as the moat for this business?  How is it possible to do high ROA / ROE ?  No competitors?

rpadebet

« Reply #803 on: October 31, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

Hi rpadebet - do you expect higher / faster growth to continue & what do you see as the moat for this business?  How is it possible to do high ROA / ROE ?  No competitors?

I think we had this discussion last year in the AMNF thread itself. My thoughts haven't changed much since then. I am not sure of a moat presence here, but they are small enough for the growth to continue a while longer. They are growing by selling the same stuff in other geographies. The exit scenario I still think is, once they have a decent sized business, some major buys them at a big premium ( operating expenses are still big part of AMNFs expenses which to a major buyer is all synergy).

They made 0.036 EPS last quarter. Assume no more growth and they maintain this EPS for next year, they are @ 0.144 EPS. Stock trading at $2, so PE of <14. So you are not paying for growth and you get a very decent 3.6% dividend yield (approx 50% payout ratio)
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
                       - Steve Jobs

gary17

« Reply #804 on: October 31, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »

I think we had this discussion last year in the AMNF thread itself. My thoughts haven't changed much since then. I am not sure of a moat presence here, but they are small enough for the growth to continue a while longer. They are growing by selling the same stuff in other geographies. The exit scenario I still think is, once they have a decent sized business, some major buys them at a big premium ( operating expenses are still big part of AMNFs expenses which to a major buyer is all synergy).

They made 0.036 EPS last quarter. Assume no more growth and they maintain this EPS for next year, they are @ 0.144 EPS. Stock trading at $2, so PE of <14. So you are not paying for growth and you get a very decent 3.6% dividend yield (approx 50% payout ratio)

Thanks for the idea!
Will watch this!

Gary

Lance

« Reply #805 on: November 04, 2014, 08:31:14 AM »
ARCP

Thanks,
Lance

Picasso

« Reply #806 on: November 04, 2014, 09:45:01 AM »
RCAP

Edit: Nevermind, I made a mistake in looking at part of their earnings.  Sold what I had purchased.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:28:14 AM by Picasso »

frommi

« Reply #807 on: November 10, 2014, 07:58:02 AM »
Bought a small position in AUY.

frommi

« Reply #808 on: November 10, 2014, 09:35:42 AM »
And rebought some S&P puts.

constructive

• My Seeking Alpha articles
« Reply #809 on: November 10, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »
Genworth at one third of tangible book value.