Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 1888106 times)

Spekulatius

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #4180 on: September 15, 2019, 07:09:10 AM »
250 gallons of heating oil for the home.

A value buy it seems as you got in before the spike to $100/ bro thatís some doomsters predict. I think it will be more like $2-5$/brl  and quickly reverse. I doubt there much supply impact from the drone attack.

FWIW, so many oil heated homes on the East coast. It would be a great green energy plan to have them all connected to natural gas.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Gregmal

« Reply #4181 on: September 16, 2019, 08:39:09 AM »
NVTA

Lance

« Reply #4182 on: September 16, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »
MO

Thanks
Lance

mikazo

« Reply #4183 on: September 16, 2019, 10:54:44 AM »
SGA (Saga Communications Inc.)

John Hjorth

« Reply #4184 on: September 16, 2019, 01:28:17 PM »
A value buy it seems as you got in before the spike to $100/ bro thatís some doomsters predict. I think it will be more like $2-5$/brl  and quickly reverse. I doubt there much supply impact from the drone attack.
FWIW, so many oil heated homes on the East coast. It would be a great green energy plan to have them all connected to natural gas.

Off topic :

I'm shocked reading this. Here, I've been living with district heating the last 35 years. I live in a Danish city [the fourth largest in Denmark, the approximate size the one of Omaha.]

- - - o 0 o - - -

Back to topic again.
ĒIn the race of excellence Ö there is no finish line.Ē
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

BG2008

« Reply #4185 on: September 16, 2019, 09:39:49 PM »

Does this Gregmal guy ever get his timing wrong? He's on some epic streak!

Spekulatius

« Reply #4186 on: September 17, 2019, 03:32:42 AM »

Does this Gregmal guy ever get his timing wrong? He's on some epic streak!

Tesla is probably going broke a few days after he bought some puts on the stock.

FWIW, I bought some SPY 280 Dec 20 index puts for hedging yesterday.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Gregmal

« Reply #4187 on: September 17, 2019, 06:30:11 AM »
Two young kids are expensive enough and when your home runs on heating oil, you're always kind of "short" the market for that.

Half of timing is just paying attention. A quarter is luck. The other quarter is overcoming that "voice" in every investor's(every sensible investor that is) head that says trading is bad. Or so I tell myself....

Gregmal

« Reply #4188 on: September 17, 2019, 10:37:02 AM »
Bought some AYR from suckers who needed liquidity and thought a stock with a 15% spread was the way to go.

Saluki

« Reply #4189 on: September 17, 2019, 10:43:40 AM »
Bought more EAF and a little more TPHS. I was in NYC a couple of days ago, and after I visited the Charging Bull Statue on Wall Street and tapped its balls for luck, as I always do, I stopped by the TPHS property at 77 Greenwich and liked what I saw. 
If it's important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it at all.  -Dan Gable