Author Topic: What are you buying today?  (Read 2091515 times)

rosemontseneca

Re: What are you buying today?
« Reply #6160 on: January 12, 2021, 03:23:31 PM »
Bought FB and SRE today. SRE is a well managed utility that I have bought a few times over the year. It trades a t the lower end of its historical valuation range and should be a good low risk trade for 10-15% upside with little risk to principle or longer term hold depending on how things develop.

Always liked the idea of owning SRE given the TX utility and exposure to LNG / Mexico growth stories, but never did more than a superficial look due to the CA wildfire noise.  Has that been addressed at this point in the wake of PG&E?  How do you get comfortable? 

Every Banana Counts

« Reply #6161 on: January 12, 2021, 03:53:56 PM »
FB. Small add.

Spekulatius

« Reply #6162 on: January 12, 2021, 04:46:57 PM »
Bought FB and SRE today. SRE is a well managed utility that I have bought a few times over the year. It trades a t the lower end of its historical valuation range and should be a good low risk trade for 10-15% upside with little risk to principle or longer term hold depending on how things develop.

Always liked the idea of owning SRE given the TX utility and exposure to LNG / Mexico growth stories, but never did more than a superficial look due to the CA wildfire noise.  Has that been addressed at this point in the wake of PG&E?  How do you get comfortable?

SRE never had an issue that caused a wildfire. EIX had some smaller issues but never to the scale of PCG. SRE is the best run of the three (by far) then EIX and last PCG.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Junto

• Lifetime Member
    • My Company
« Reply #6163 on: January 12, 2021, 07:01:15 PM »
$200 puts on LMND

Gregmal

« Reply #6164 on: January 13, 2021, 11:34:09 AM »
BRKB, CLPR, FRG starter

longlake95

« Reply #6165 on: January 13, 2021, 11:35:54 AM »
BRKB, CLPR, FRG starter
I figured it was you pushing up BRK today!  ;)

Gregmal

« Reply #6166 on: January 13, 2021, 11:38:38 AM »
Im just wondering where the rest of the market is? BRK is a no brainer here. Its basically a cash alternative at these levels, especially with the financials having gone ballistic. Nothing is priced in.

LC

« Reply #6167 on: January 13, 2021, 12:38:19 PM »
Im just wondering where the rest of the market is? BRK is a no brainer here. Its basically a cash alternative at these levels, especially with the financials having gone ballistic. Nothing is priced in.

Unless the wholly owneds are faltering and the investment portfolio is balancing it out?

Also I bought Brk calls yesterday.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 01:04:51 PM by LC »
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
akam| brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

willie2013

« Reply #6168 on: January 13, 2021, 12:42:24 PM »
MSOS and selling covered calls 37 days out around the purchase price

valueinvestor

« Reply #6169 on: January 13, 2021, 04:38:52 PM »
Put in a small tracker order for AFRM