What Are You Drinking?

Castanza

I feel that every good forum needs a thread focused on your vice of choice. What better time to start a thread than during a potential crisis?

COVID-19 turns out to be the beginning of the apocalypse. You are packing the family car to head for the hills and your wife tells you there isn't enough room for the whole liquor cabinet you were trying to stash under the rear seat. You have enough room for 1 bottle....

What are you drinking (smoking works too for the cigar aficionados)?

Me: Lagavulin 16

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 bottle? Gotta be bourbon or rye. Probably something from Elijah Craig.

I’ve yet to try that.  My friend’s (lives in Louisville) wife is doing some type of design work at Heaven Hill Distillery. Hoping to score a bottle off him, but I’m doubtful to say the least haha

I feel that every good forum needs a thread focused on your vice of choice. What better time to start a thread than during a potential crisis?

COVID-19 turns out to be the beginning of the apocalypse. You are packing the family car to head for the hills and your wife tells you there isn't enough room for the whole liquor cabinet you were trying to stash under the rear seat. You have enough room for 1 bottle....

I don’t get why people like Lagavulin.

I had one bottle. My friend said it tastes like old socks. Lol

I do like it and drink it often, though my drink of choice is JW Blue label.

You either enjoy the grass or it tastes like ass. I’m sure the premium you pay adds to the flavor profile :P

I have never tasted old socks, so I wouldn’t know what to expect. I am sticking to California wine (Sonoma county, because I lived there for a long time).

Drinking some Great Notion hazy IPAs, they're here in Portland and make some of the best beer I've ever had.

X2. 

Great Notion has some fantastic Hazy IPAs.  The last few times I’ve been to Portland, I can’t hardly remember going through TSA at the airport, courtesy of great notion beer.

Drinking some Great Notion hazy IPAs, they're here in Portland and make some of the best beer I've ever had.

X2. 

Great Notion has some fantastic Hazy IPAs.  The last few times I’ve been to Portland, I can’t hardly remember going through TSA at the airport, courtesy of great notion beer.

They are absolutely fantastic. I have some Juice Jrs in my fridge, but the Over Ripe is my favorite. I'm a sucker for them. There's others in Portland that are really good but GN does the best work in town.

What do you visit Portland for? Work? Family?