Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 101146 times)

bizaro86

Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »
Sold DIS. I think it is fully valued.

I feel the same way about their valuation. But every single time I've sold something I believe to be an excellent business for that reason I've regretted it, so I'm holding for now.

John Hjorth

« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »
EXO.MI, FCAU, FRA.DE

Spekulatius,

I've - with great interest - been following your moves for years. [However I do not understand some of your moves, to me basically because your investment universe is much larger than mine, based on that you have multiples of investment experience & stock picking knowledge compared to me.]

This move by you is a surprise to me with regard to EXOR.MI & FCAU [I'm unopinionated with regard to FRA.DE.] If you would take the time to elaborate just a bit on your line of thinking here, I would personally appreciate it very much.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 12:22:49 PM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

Spekulatius

« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2019, 03:04:02 PM »
EXO.MI, FCAU, FRA.DE

Spekulatius,

I've - with great interest - been following your moves for years. [However I do not understand some of your moves, to me basically because your investment universe is much larger than mine, based on that you have multiples of investment experience & stock picking knowledge compared to me.]

This move by you is a surprise to me with regard to EXOR.MI & FCAU [I'm unopinionated with regard to FRA.DE.] If you would take the time to elaborate just a bit on your line of thinking here, I would personally appreciate it very much.

As far as EXO.MI is concerned, I made the decision to reduce cyclicals, especially automotive in my portfolio. EXO via FCAU and CNHI (the latter may be overvalued actually) is quite exposed. I have not changed my opinion on management. I only sold my position in tax deferred account and keep my position on a taxable account.

FRA.DE simply has reached my valuation target. I am surprised it rerated that quickly, because they will have negative FCF due to an investment in Capex for the next few years.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:37:44 PM by Spekulatius »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

John Hjorth

« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »
Thank you for sharing, Spekulatius.
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

BPCAP

« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2019, 08:26:59 PM »
Not a big deal, but 1-3 year Treasurys. 

Lance

« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2019, 09:18:54 PM »
Shorting more TSLA.

Thanks
Lance

John Hjorth

« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2019, 02:09:08 AM »
Reduced position a bit in NOVO B.CPH [NVO][in my father's account], to buy BRK.B, combined with pulling money off the table [money, that will never end up on the table again, but that will be allocated to one of his "high interest rate" accounts at Bank Norwegian ASA or Santander Consumer Bank ASA - those accounts are not part of my defined AUM]....

Pulled out all available cash in my fathers account again today.

Gregmal

« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2019, 10:18:14 AM »
MX and EBAY

WayWardCloud

« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2019, 11:53:13 PM »
Sold out all of my Apple (AAPL) shares and about a third of my Liberty Latin America (LILAK) shares.

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2019, 08:27:34 AM »
Sold out all of my Apple (AAPL) shares and about a third of my Liberty Latin America (LILAK) shares.

I sold the rest of my Apple too & will be happy to get exposure to them through BRK.

Also sold:

1/2 of my Charter for a 50ish% gain in a bit over a year & will hold the rest in a tax advantaged account until whenever (Thank you Liberty  :)  )

1/2 of ABEV for a 16ish% gain & will hold the rest in a tax advantaged account until whenever also.

20% of my Disney for a 38ish% gain & will hold the rest in taxable account until same.

---

Marshaling cash (again) & I would repurchase any of these on significant weakness (probably...)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:29:39 AM by DooDiligence »
Healthcare 20.9% - EW NVO // BRK.B - 22.7% // Auto's & Oil 14.7% - CLB GPC VDE

Banking 10.2% - WFC // Entertainment 4.8% - DIS // Drinkers & Smokers 7.0% - MO

Retail 1.5% - ULTA

---

%'s held @ MV 11/29/2019 minus 18.2% investable cash

i trumpet my ignorance

https://twitter.com/tunawish