Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 96270 times)

Lance

Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2019, 12:13:48 PM »
Shorted TSLA

Thanks
Lance

Spekulatius

« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2019, 04:25:31 PM »
Sold my smallish SMTA Position for a marginal game, after disappointing liquidation guidance (or do I read this wrong?).
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Gregmal

« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2019, 10:33:09 AM »
ESGR

lnofeisone

« Reply #283 on: October 18, 2019, 05:56:32 AM »
MPLX NOV 27 puts.

Gregmal

« Reply #284 on: October 18, 2019, 10:33:25 AM »
covered a portion of the NFLX short from yesterday

porcupine

• Low Tide Investments
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2019, 10:45:29 AM »
Sold some KTB.
ďSuccessful investing is having everyone agree with you ó later.Ē ĖJoe Robillard

www.lowtideinvestments.com

@lowtideinvest on Twitter

Spekulatius

« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2019, 03:40:12 PM »
Sold some KTB.

Congrats to this trade!

Spekulatius

« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2019, 04:14:31 AM »
Sold REZI after the earnings report. I had reduced my position before the CC, but sold out after. While they made the revenue and earnings number, it was a very low quality report. Gross margin does and the pro forma # excludes the indemnity payment to HON (capped at $140M/ year). This payment is represented on the balance sheet as a $580M liability , but I think it will cost more. Anyway, thy have about $1.1B in debt (costing ~$70M in interest) and donít seem to be able to generate any FCF currently. I misjudged this, itís another crappo spinoff (GTX is a sinking ship also), so I take my 15% loss and move on.

KTB is doing better than I thought, also the earnings report is nothing to write home about either.

Ouch! Another guide down. I donít own this crappola spin-off any more. Pre market trades around $9.5:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/resideo-announces-selected-preliminary-third-212500494.html

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2019, 06:25:34 AM »
Sold REZI after the earnings report. I had reduced my position before the CC, but sold out after. While they made the revenue and earnings number, it was a very low quality report. Gross margin does and the pro forma # excludes the indemnity payment to HON (capped at $140M/ year). This payment is represented on the balance sheet as a $580M liability , but I think it will cost more. Anyway, thy have about $1.1B in debt (costing ~$70M in interest) and donít seem to be able to generate any FCF currently. I misjudged this, itís another crappo spinoff (GTX is a sinking ship also), so I take my 15% loss and move on.

KTB is doing better than I thought, also the earnings report is nothing to write home about either.

Ouch! Another guide down. I donít own this crappola spin-off any more. Pre market trades around $9.5:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/resideo-announces-selected-preliminary-third-212500494.html

I am not as familiar with REZI, but my conclusion on GTX was that it is a solid, if somewhat cyclical, business weighed down by excessive debt and asbestos liabilities.

kab60

« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2019, 09:43:56 AM »

I am not as familiar with REZI, but my conclusion on GTX was that it is a solid, if somewhat cyclical, business weighed down by excessive debt and asbestos liabilities.
GTX is interesting due to high margins, a flexible cost structure as well as high leverage (and capped asbestos liability that can be deferred in crisis ), but diesel is a major headwind and not sure they can make up for that with gas. Anyway, whenever I get tempted, I look at Linamar and figure it's cheaper, better in the long run and with a lot more optionality.