Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 183563 times)

Spekulatius

Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #570 on: November 09, 2020, 03:56:24 PM »
Change your mind on RTX?

No, but I liked the price I got. Pure play Defense Play NOC and LMT have barely moved. The way I see it RTX is half defense and half commercial aerospace, so If I consider defense didnít move (much) then commercial aerospace is worth 25% more than yesterday? I donít think so.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 03:59:02 PM by Spekulatius »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

bizaro86

« Reply #571 on: November 09, 2020, 05:09:02 PM »
Took some money off the table on "risk on" names. Reduced AER, TZOO, and a tiny bit of ALX.

Gregmal

« Reply #572 on: November 13, 2020, 10:39:24 AM »
Trimmed a smidge of ESRT on the spike to $8. Fought every instinct to continue being a total pig but ultimately settled on taking a mid single digit % of the position off to pay down some margin and free up some funds. Also sold rest of FSR as well as a few of the warrants.

fareastwarriors

« Reply #573 on: November 16, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
Trimmed a smidge of ESRT on the spike to $8. Fought every instinct to continue being a total pig but ultimately settled on taking a mid single digit % of the position off to pay down some margin and free up some funds. Also sold rest of FSR as well as a few of the warrants.

That's surprising considering we are probably still in the early innings of the recovery for office REITs. Why now?

Do you have higher margin than you like? No other income coming in?

Gregmal

« Reply #574 on: November 16, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »

That's surprising considering we are probably still in the early innings of the recovery for office REITs. Why now?

Do you have higher margin than you like? No other income coming in?

Lottaaaa margin on these. Leveraging underlevered public RE companies was something I thought compelling the past 6 months. Some of the stuff, like ESRT, MSGE/S, PCYO, JBGS, FRPH....you have literally zero risk of 0's or bankruptcies wiping you out because of the balance sheet strength. So I modeled out some extreme worst case scenarios and used that as the basis for my assumptions and then gradually bought the daylights out of them because at 1-2% margin rates it just kind of seemed stupid not to. But in some cases we're up like 40-50%+ in a week and change and I'd rather remain flexible and not ignore the possibility that we could retrace some of this. I'd rather add/subtract the noncore(maybe 20% or so) part of the position than be that guy who goes "Its worth $12 and I won't sell a single share for a penny less than that!"...The piece of ESRT I took off for instance, I added on Monday(of the announcement) at $6.40 and sold a few days later at $7.85...no need to be super greedy. Just greedy. With borrowed money its not yours to begin with so the gains are risk gravy.

KJP

« Reply #575 on: November 18, 2020, 10:17:48 AM »
Vornado
a bit of Paramount Group

Spekulatius

« Reply #576 on: November 18, 2020, 04:06:21 PM »
Sold down a little more BNTGY.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

formthirteen

• Form Thirteen - 13F Reports
« Reply #577 on: November 21, 2020, 12:19:02 AM »
JEF. I probably sold too soon if they continue executing well with TBV at $26.49 :-[

Gregmal

« Reply #578 on: November 24, 2020, 07:21:40 AM »
Trimmed SPG, ESRT, both about 10%, sold all VNO(smaller trading position), exited all SBE.ws, and most of PIC.

wescobrk

« Reply #579 on: November 24, 2020, 08:55:26 AM »
I sold half of my call options of Nikola at a 400% profit.
My wife is happy. :)