Author Topic: what are you selling today?  (Read 183925 times)

Spekulatius

Re: what are you selling today?
« Reply #330 on: December 19, 2019, 02:54:25 PM »
Also sold my small position in HHC today. I also reduced my CUERVO.MX by 15% after a good run.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Gregmal

« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2019, 01:37:44 PM »
sold a little TPL at 765 into the closing spike

Spekulatius

« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »
Reduced positions in GOOG, FOX and CTVA today.

Gregmal

« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2019, 03:23:54 PM »
Exited all but a few remaining shares of TPL. Love the company, but high 500s to almost $800 in a couple months works for me. Agree its probably wise to lighten up GOOG too, but I am incapable of selling it. Same goes for MSG.

Spekulatius

« Reply #334 on: December 23, 2019, 03:54:14 PM »
Exited all but a few remaining shares of TPL. Love the company, but high 500s to almost $800 in a couple months works for me. Agree its probably wise to lighten up GOOG too, but I am incapable of selling it. Same goes for MSG.

GOOG is a whole lot closer to FV than where I bought it ((~$1050 blended). I sort of try to reduce positions when they approach fair value, although with GOOG, itís a tough call.

CTVA is my 3rd round trip this far.

Gregmal

« Reply #335 on: December 23, 2019, 04:02:23 PM »

GOOG is a whole lot closer to FV than where I bought it ((~$1050 blended). I sort of try to reduce positions when they approach fair value, although with GOOG, itís a tough call.

CTVA is my 3rd round trip this far.

Yea IDK. I just dont think you can really ever get a "fair" value on something like that. Its one of the largest companies in the world, and covered by everyone. IMO on a relative basis its probably pretty efficient in terms of how its priced. So you dont ever really have an edge. I remember David Winters saying it reached fair value and selling(a guy with like 2% portfolio turnover) at like $1030, a few years ago. Now its $1350. To me, or at least what I tell myself, if that its an irreplaceable business, that should do better than the market on the way up, and hold up better on the way down. As long as it trades at a price I can cross a few bridges to rationalize, I dont ever see myself selling it. Just buying the dips. One of the few securities in my portfolio I have in that category.

Castanza

« Reply #336 on: December 26, 2019, 09:01:02 AM »
Sold remaining AMD stake $47. Cost basis of $11. This run up has been insane.
Core: MSFT | GOOG | AAPL | INTC | PLTR | CMCSA | VZ | RTX | MSGS | BATRK | WFC | USB | PNC | BAC | TPL | PPL | PCYO | GRBK | PLNT | ATCO | ESPO | HACK

Funny Money: NIO

Lance

« Reply #337 on: December 26, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »
Sold 90% of Lancashire and wrote puts on TPR.

Thanks
Lance

Lance

« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2019, 12:46:59 PM »
Sold the rest of ADM.L

Thanks
Lance

Gregmal

« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »
Added to NFLX puts, shorted some WING, and put back on a small bit of BYND short.