Where is Jay Powell, is he dead or alive?

RuleNumberOne

When Jim "back-stabber" Bullard announced on TV (right after he publicly asked for a "25bp cut immediately") that he would "love to be Fed Chair" and that he had just rejected a job offer from the White House of the lowly 14-year-term Fed Governor, I hadn't imagined he was planning to murder Jay Powell.

With record stock market cap to GDP, record corporate debt to GDP, rapidly climbing government debt to GDP, record low unemployment, we would have thought a Fed Chair might have an opinion about the Fed's 1.75% interest rate.

Where is Jay Powell?

He lives in Chevy Chase Village, about 1.5 miles from my house. You want me to go check on him?

His wife is quite involved in the community; she has had to resolve many an important dispute.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-excessive-barking-a-chevy-chase-dog-park-divides-the-rich-and-powerful/2019/08/27/0b9fd242-c4e5-11e9-9986-1fb3e4397be4_story.html

My dog and I are going to miss that park.

Rumor is he lives in a tent in rock creek park. If you're particularly lucky, you can catch him rummaging through the bethesda starbucks trash at 3 am like a racoon. He still gives interviews in exchange for two day old bread and coffee creamers.

I am glad he is still alive. The PTSD from Trump's tweets must have been really bad.

He was last heard to say that the previous two recessions weren't preceded by inflation spikes, but were caused by popping asset bubbles. Then Trump started tweeting and Powell ran away from his job and family.

Rumor is he lives in a tent in rock creek park. If you're particularly lucky, you can catch him rummaging through the bethesda starbucks trash at 3 am like a racoon. He still gives interviews in exchange for two day old bread and coffee creamers.

I am glad he is still alive. The PTSD from Trump's tweets must have been really bad.

He was last heard to say that the previous two recessions weren't preceded by inflation spikes, but were caused by popping asset bubbles. Then Trump started tweeting and Powell ran away from his job and family.

What does it matter? [Does it matter to your buying decisions?] The CoBF members are stock pickers.

LC, you said the most insightful thing about the markets.

Until Powell sees inflation in the tents in rock creek park, he is not going to raise rates. If you go back and read Trump's tweets from last year, Trump spoke the truth: he said we have "a very weak Fed"

I think he made a pair of divining rods out of stale olive garden breadsticks and is searching dupont circle for any traces of inflation.  ;D