Author Topic: IBKR - Interactive Brokers  (Read 216293 times)

Borgesian

Re: IBKR - Interactive Brokers
« Reply #670 on: February 17, 2021, 01:59:35 AM »
IB is great as long as you do not have to deal with service. Peterffy said once, they think they made a mistake if you have to contact them (praphrased from memory).

Most things work automatically with the corporate action tool. For example international tender offers can be tendered with IB most of the times on the deadline day, my other brokers sometimes require at least 7 days advance decision and some even in written form (print/sign/scan or send via post). Even non-traded warrants can be excercised without calling in person, also partially with their tools. TWS is quite intuitive and has even more functions than I need. They have more order types than my other brokers. One weak point is the safety of money deposits. European customers after Brexit have very low EU insurance now (USA customers have better insurance).

One bad example: Account has been short calls on GME and in TWS purchasing GME shares was blocked (temporarily), which would have made the trade a fully covered call (risk reducing). I do not know the reason, but sure cost money to close the option instead at the then higher price of GME after recognizing this. I would not use them for any critical position, but many things are very time efficiently dealt with via their computer system and cost is low in my opinion.

other weak points:
-If you have non-traded options/warrants/preferreds, which are excersisable, they will not even update it to intrinsic value automatically making the reports relatively useless.
-Withholding tax reclaim (most often from dividends) is not supported and they provide a limited number of tax forms only at extra charge (which is more expensive than local alternatives in my case, who can even file paperwork automatically at extra charge).

Overall, still the best for many use cases in my opinion (European perspective).

And if you're interested in and do invest on an international scale, really hard to find another broker that comes close.

WneverLOSE

« Reply #671 on: March 01, 2021, 08:21:08 AM »
IBKR continues to put up monster numbers amid the retail boom. Up 25% YTD.

DARTS +203% YoY, 43% MoM
Accounts +69% YoY, 11% MoM

Where do you see it ????? not published yet wtf

i'm checking every 20 minutes and its not live on the IR website or in a press release

EDIT : maybe you are looking at the January numbers and wrote 203% vs 223% actual number ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:26:40 AM by WneverLOSE »

KCLarkin

« Reply #672 on: March 01, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »
IBKR continues to put up monster numbers amid the retail boom. Up 25% YTD.

DARTS +203% YoY, 43% MoM
Accounts +69% YoY, 11% MoM

Where do you see it ????? not published yet wtf

i'm checking every 20 minutes and its not live on the IR website or in a press release

I'm an idiot. I assumed they had updated numbers and didn't look at the date. I posted January numbers. Deleted post.

WneverLOSE

« Reply #673 on: March 01, 2021, 08:35:00 AM »
ah OK, I'm the biggest IBKR nerd in the world, biggest position I've ever had and i follow everything (but everything) they do or say  ::) so I was shocked you found a way to get the numbers before everyone else haha

February gonna be a strong month as Thomas said on the Credit Suisse conference, usually they publish the numbers on the second day of the month (if its a trading day) so probably tomorrow they will get it published. 

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:54:47 PM by WneverLOSE »

fareastwarriors

« Reply #674 on: March 01, 2021, 08:41:23 AM »
ah OK, I'm the biggest IBKR nerd in the world, biggest position I've ever had and i follow everything (but everything) they do or say  ::) so I was shocked you found a way to get the numbers before everyone else haha

February gonna be a strong month as Thomas said on the credit Swiss conference, usually they publish the numbers on the second day of the month (if its a trading day) so probably tomorrow they will get it published. 

Ive found a few times really dumb security on some

Why you like IBKR so much to make it your biggest position?
What's your thesis?

KCLarkin

« Reply #675 on: March 01, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »
February numbers are posted now:

Darts: +175% YoY, 12% MoM
Accounts: +76% YoY, 6% MoM