Author Topic: AAPL - Apple Inc.  (Read 1610767 times)

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
Re: AAPL - Apple Inc.
« Reply #6790 on: April 17, 2020, 11:42:19 AM »
Apple really should develop and market an Apple Watch with Oxygen Sensor. I bet it would sell like hot cakes, if it comes out in fall.

I am pretty sure they are doing this. Might be a nice play to bet on something like this with options come product introduction day in September.

FWIW, Oxygen deficiency in the blood is one of the main indicator of serious COVID disease progression. To track the Oxygen value in a reliable way would be very valuable for the wearer when to consult he doctor or go to the hospital and might save lives.

My dad checking his oxygen at home with COVID-19 probably saved his life. He said to me if he didn't have a way to check that at home, he wouldn't have felt it necessary to call an ambulance and would have been living for a few days in the high 80's oxygen saturation. I purchased one at home for about $30 bucks on Amazon just for my own peace of mind.

Eric, Reading the story about your dad was what prompted me to buy one.

EricSchleien

« Reply #6791 on: April 17, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »
Apple really should develop and market an Apple Watch with Oxygen Sensor. I bet it would sell like hot cakes, if it comes out in fall.

I am pretty sure they are doing this. Might be a nice play to bet on something like this with options come product introduction day in September.

FWIW, Oxygen deficiency in the blood is one of the main indicator of serious COVID disease progression. To track the Oxygen value in a reliable way would be very valuable for the wearer when to consult he doctor or go to the hospital and might save lives.

My dad checking his oxygen at home with COVID-19 probably saved his life. He said to me if he didn't have a way to check that at home, he wouldn't have felt it necessary to call an ambulance and would have been living for a few days in the high 80's oxygen saturation. I purchased one at home for about $30 bucks on Amazon just for my own peace of mind.

Wow...I'll let him know that. I'm sure that will make him happy to hear little ways his story has made a difference like that.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6792 on: April 17, 2020, 12:05:12 PM »

Wow...I'll let him know that. I'm sure that will make him happy to hear little ways his story has made a difference like that.

It was quite a story I'm sure it had an impact on a lot of people.  I hope he's doing well.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #6795 on: June 09, 2020, 08:28:09 PM »
Does anyone here have experience with Fusion drives?

I’m shopping for an iMac & am leaning towards a 1tb SSD for proven speed & reliability, but wouldn’t mind saving some $ if I could trust a Fusion drive.
AFL // BRK.B // CLB an incredibly stupid move // EW // GPC // MO an incredibly stupid ex-CEO // MTB // NVO // PSX // TRMD // ULTA // VDE // VLGEA // WFC

Investable cash 16% + 18 months of survival $

LC

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | goog | irm | lyv | net | nlsn | pm | ssd | t | tfsl | v | wfc | xom

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6797 on: June 10, 2020, 07:19:07 AM »

I’m shopping for an iMac & am leaning towards a 1tb SSD for proven speed & reliability, but wouldn’t mind saving some $ if I could trust a Fusion drive.

I've had an 27" 5K iMac with an i7 and a 3TB fusion drive since late in 2015 and I love it.  Maybe it isn't as fast as a SSD, but it starts up quicker than any of my windows machines, some of which have SSDs and it has 3TB of storage.   No problems in over 4years. I'd make the same choice again.

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
« Reply #6798 on: June 10, 2020, 07:50:20 AM »

I've had an 27" 5K iMac with an i7 and a 3TB fusion drive since late in 2015 and I love it.  Maybe it isn't as fast as a SSD, but it starts up quicker than any of my windows machines, some of which have SSDs and it has 3TB of storage.   No problems in over 4years. I'd make the same choice again.

Awesome, thanks!

I'm using Ableton Live 10 a lot for recording & am learning how to do live loop performance.

Speed will be important & I think the I5 6 core will work (Ableton does multi-threading).

I was using a Boss RC300 looper pedal before & there's absolutely no comparison between that & using Ableton.
The difference is so dramatic that I sold the RC300 on eBay a few weeks ago.

---

::)  end of thread highjack...
AFL // BRK.B // CLB an incredibly stupid move // EW // GPC // MO an incredibly stupid ex-CEO // MTB // NVO // PSX // TRMD // ULTA // VDE // VLGEA // WFC

Investable cash 16% + 18 months of survival $

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #6799 on: June 10, 2020, 08:03:21 AM »
I'd go with an internal SSD and use an external drive if you need to store a lot of data.

I'm typing this on a 2019 27" iMac 5K with a 1tb SSD and 32gb of RAM