Author Topic: AAPL - Apple Inc.  (Read 1720109 times)

DooDiligence

• ♪ 🎶 ♫ ♪ 🎶 ♫
Re: AAPL - Apple Inc.
« Reply #6940 on: November 28, 2020, 01:52:47 PM »
Does anyone have a preferred alternate OSX app to manage music?
Spotify  ;)

They probably stream everything Iíve ever ripped while adding more functionality.

Iím a musical caveman (kind of).
AFL // BRK.B // CLB // EQC // EW // GPC // MO // NVO // PSX // TPL // VDE // VLGEA // WFC

Investable cash 14.7% + 26 months of survival ca$h

---

Reggae rarely modulates because it doesn't need to. Jackie Mittoo was a Hammond B3 god!

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6941 on: November 28, 2020, 03:59:27 PM »
Does anyone have a preferred alternate OSX app to manage music?
Spotify  ;)

They probably stream everything Iíve ever ripped while adding more functionality.

Iím a musical caveman (kind of).

I had a huge music library, but I switched to just using Prime Music unlimited.  It's $7.99/mo, but you can pick exactly which songs to add to your library and you can either copy them to your phone or stream them, (I download them to save data).  I recreated my old mp3 library and added hundreds if not thousands of songs on top of it.

villainx

« Reply #6942 on: November 28, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »
Back in the days, I shocked my college class with how much I spend on cds/music.  Probably like 2-3 cds a month x a year.  So like ~350$. 

These days, I just scrounge around Amazon Prime Music to make a playlist cause it's "free."  Though I would only couch that with - I have to make a kids' friendly playlist too, cause ... kids.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com
« Reply #6943 on: November 30, 2020, 06:07:27 AM »
Just an anecdote in relation to the speed increases of the new M1 chip. I recently bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I bought it because it has the new A14 chip and is supposed to be super fast. I figured Iíll spend the money ($1200) and have a good phone for 2-4 years. I spent so much because I use my phone for 4-6 hours per day for work. Iím always out of the office and still need to respond to people and make calls etc.

I had an iPhone 7 previously and it was pretty reasonable until recently. Right from the beginning the iPhone 12 Pro Max has been slow and laggy. When I type it lags, webpages are slow, scrolling lags, the phone calls donít connect properly for 1-3 seconds, various apps respond slowly to inputs. I couldnít believe it. This phone, other than the new camera (which is only decent), is only very marginally better than my iPhone 7! What the hell?!!

Anyways, I bought an iPhone 8 Plus for $400 and am returning the 12 Pro Max. I can spend the $800 elsewhere that make an actual difference in my life.

This is a problem with the specific phone you had, something was wrong with it, get it exchanged. iPhone 12 is ridiculously faster than the 7.

I have a 12 Pro and it feels MUCH faster than the X I upgraded from.

ourkid8

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6944 on: November 30, 2020, 09:50:35 AM »
I assume when you say when you type it lags within imessage? It's a keyboard bug but this trick fixes it.  I had the same issues on my iphone 12 and it is now fixed.

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap on General.
    3. Scroll all the way down to Reset.
    4. Tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
    5. Provide your iPhoneís Passcode and the keyboard lag bug should be fixed.

Message me offline and I can work with you to troubleshoot your other issues.

I had an iPhone 7 previously and it was pretty reasonable until recently. Right from the beginning the iPhone 12 Pro Max has been slow and laggy. When I type it lags, webpages are slow, scrolling lags, the phone calls donít connect properly for 1-3 seconds, various apps respond slowly to inputs. I couldnít believe it. This phone, other than the new camera (which is only decent), is only very marginally better than my iPhone 7! What the hell?!!

Anyways, I bought an iPhone 8 Plus for $400 and am returning the 12 Pro Max. I can spend the $800 elsewhere that make an actual difference in my life.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:52:54 AM by ourkid8 »

Edward

• Investment Manager - vmchcorp.com
    • VMCH Corporation
« Reply #6945 on: December 01, 2020, 02:19:39 AM »
I would appreciate it if someone can explain to me how is this company going to grow if they are selling less and less iphone units for 3 years in a row.

So far raising unit prices and monetizing apps worked to stem the bleeding, but selling apps is also dependent on user base and you can grow said base by selling less phones.

Spekulatius

« Reply #6946 on: December 01, 2020, 04:21:27 AM »
I would appreciate it if someone can explain to me how is this company going to grow if they are selling less and less iphone units for 3 years in a row.

So far raising unit prices and monetizing apps worked to stem the bleeding, but selling apps is also dependent on user base and you can grow said base by selling less phones.

They are selling more to their users than phones- watches, AirPods , iPads. I think the Macs will get a hit boost due to getting more competitive with PC Laptops. The reason  Apple sells less iPhones is because users keep them longer, not because they are switching to Android, imo. However, as long as users stay within the Apple ecosystem, the annuity value of Appleís users base is intact.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

longterminvestor

« Reply #6947 on: December 02, 2020, 03:36:31 PM »
Do not underestimate the value of the Chip's business they are creating.  My research shows the M1 chip is better than anything Intel has...PERIOD. 

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6948 on: December 02, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
Do not underestimate the value of the Chip's business they are creating.  My research shows the M1 chip is better than anything Intel has...PERIOD. 

AWS is offering Mac instances now, so you have Apple selling to a cloud datacenter now.  Intel is in trouble.
https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-teams-up-with-apple-to-offer-macs-through-cloud-computing/#:~:text=Amazon%20and%20Apple%20on%20Monday,than%20on%20those%20particular%20computers.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com
« Reply #6949 on: December 03, 2020, 07:12:38 AM »
Good read on some of the design reasons why the M1 crushes AMD and Intel:

https://erik-engheim.medium.com/why-is-apples-m1-chip-so-fast-3262b158cba2