Author Topic: AAPL - Apple Inc.  (Read 1612175 times)

BargainValueHunter

• Lifetime Member
    • Registered American Broker-Dealers
Re: AAPL - Apple Inc.
« Reply #680 on: December 05, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »
AAPL's price to free cash flow ratio could get very interesting soon if it continues to fall.

What is the consensus for the next quarter's net revenue?
Albert Einstein called compound interest "the greatest mathematical discovery of all time".

abcd

« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2012, 05:39:23 PM »
So the stock sells off 5% because an analyst thinks their tablet market share might drop below 50% in 2016? That's logical.

Here are more frivolous explanations for your comfort.

Shares of Apple ($551.09, -$24.76, -4.30%) sank Wednesday, leaving observers grasping for a clear reason. StreetInsider.com pointed to clearing firms raising the margin requirement for clients seeking to buy shares to 60% from 30%. Forbes suggested traders may be reading into AT&T Inc.'s (T, $34.23, +$0.31, +0.91%) comments about smartphone sales. CNNMoney.com advanced a theory that investors are disappointed that Apple isn't paying out a special dividend, as are other companies, ahead of a potential dividend tax hike in the new year.

Olmsted

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »
Didn't margin requirements on AAPL just rise for a lot of professional money?  Imagine that is a likely contributor.

txlaw

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #683 on: December 06, 2012, 08:07:48 AM »

DCG

• Lifetime Member
    • Venture Blend
« Reply #684 on: December 07, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »
Tim Cook interview in BusinessWeek:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-06/tim-cooks-freshman-year-the-apple-ceo-speaks

That is fantastic. Thanks for posting. Best CEO interview I've read in a long time.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:13:51 AM by DCG »

bobp

« Reply #685 on: December 07, 2012, 07:24:29 AM »
My daughter's mac-book crashed this week. In the middle of exam week it wouldn't boot up. Phone support tried to help but it didn't work. She brought it to the apple store where they told her they'd have an answer in two days. In two hours they called and had fixed it. They'd taken it apart and reattached a cable to the hard drive. It's three years old but she'd had another problem(water related but shhhh) eight months ago and they had replaced it and rewarrantied it for a year.

If my wife's Dell stops working, what do I do - bring it to Best-Buy? These Apple's are expensive but the support that comes with a retail store is worth a lot.

Never an Apple fan, and still not completely sold, we now have two Macbooks (one mine), a desktop, four iphones, an Ipad, and a bunch of old ipods. My kids buy music at itunes; I still think Itunes is horrible, but I use it.

After using the macbook for a few months I still prefer windows, but it may be the old dog - new tricks problem.

And btw, seeing as this is an investment board, I like the stock.

valueInv

« Reply #686 on: December 07, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »

txlaw

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #687 on: December 07, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »
Tim Cook interview in BusinessWeek:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-06/tim-cooks-freshman-year-the-apple-ceo-speaks

That is fantastic. Thanks for posting. Best CEO interview I've read in a long time.

AAPL appears to be in good hands with Tim Cook.  He's very savvy.

Palantir

« Reply #688 on: December 07, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with all of them. Now that Forstall is gone, it seems to be that we have a happy team in place with Cook as first among equals.
My Portfolio: AMZN, PYPL

DCG

• Lifetime Member
    • Venture Blend
« Reply #689 on: December 13, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »
Google Maps is now available in the App Store.