Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1888856 times)

naboo

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #660 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »
Alderon/Hebei subscription agreement attached. They needed the lawyers for this one, long document.

Article on Alderon's "all star" team in The Business Post:

http://www.thebusinesspost.ca/usr/main/docs/24/Vol6issue8.pdf

The agreement is subject to approval, so it is not a done deal.  Any chance that could be cancelled?
*****  Every Penny Counts *****

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #661 on: June 01, 2012, 05:54:18 AM »
Thanks for linking to that new presentation.

I noticed cash has gone from $173m as of 1/31/12 (per the last quarterly report) to $162m in the new Europe presentation. Any thoughts on what accounts for the reduction in cash?

Share repurchase? (less shares outstanding)

Dazel

« Reply #662 on: June 01, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »

Naboo,

It could be cancelled.....we looked at this another way recently....why would Rio Tinto not come  in and buy out the whole thing at these prices? I mean really.

Buy out a
Altius at 50% premium...you get a majority stake in Alderon...basically for free because of their cash and Alderon shares....then you only need to pay another $50 m to control Alderon...

You get all of Altius projects including the one you know best which you are partnering with them now....and you become the largest land holder of iron ore properties in Labrador! They have been doing business there for over 50 years why not...it is basically free.

We do not want this to happen because it will undervalue the assets...but this is what businesses do....

So Naboo....this is also a possibility at these ridiculous prices....so there is risk to both sides in a deal not being fully completed.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #663 on: June 01, 2012, 07:42:20 AM »

Iron ore prices up again today.

China stock market up everyday this week....this is very different then the last year and half where china was tightening....they are up over 12% this year....the market is looking ahead as it punished them while they tightened...they were down big last year....as were all commodities.

Dazel.

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #664 on: June 01, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
Dazel,

Are the cash in USD or CDN?  8)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #665 on: June 02, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-31/mittal-price-squeeze-in-960-billion-steelmaking-industry.html

This was posted in the posco thread but it contains a lot that it interesting about iron ore producers.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Dazel

« Reply #666 on: June 04, 2012, 06:47:48 AM »

Cash is mostly cdn government paper....last I checked.

Dazel

shoeless

« Reply #668 on: June 04, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
Some discussion of iron-ore, Fortescue and mention of Alderon:
http://brontecapital.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/how-business-decisions-are-made-in-boom.html
Probably belongs in the LUK thread but iron ore seems to be mentioned here more often

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #669 on: June 04, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
Some discussion of iron-ore, Fortescue and mention of Alderon:
http://brontecapital.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/how-business-decisions-are-made-in-boom.html
Probably belongs in the LUK thread but iron ore seems to be mentioned here more often

There sure is no love for ADV in there. Thanks for posting, good to hear some contrary opinion even if I can't say I'm very convinced by what they say.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:31:05 PM by Liberty »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen