Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1888838 times)

value-is-what-you-get

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #670 on: June 04, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »
$110 iron ore prices may make Alderon borderline viable??  I wish he'd made that statement in the beginning so I couldve stopped reading sooner!

Dazel

« Reply #671 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »

Really John Hempton from Bronte Capital! He helped us out big time in Fairfax with his absolute  nonsense his short friends gang got killed shorting Fairfax and are still being sued....i have noticed interesting trading patterns in the illiquid axx shares....looks like John and his gang are up to their old tricks...we will let management know who they are dealing with.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #672 on: June 04, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

Please look up the threads on John Hempton and Bronte capital...for those on this thread who do not know him or what he has been doing for the last decade have a look....he is the biggest slim ball around.

Shoeless thank you very much for the post....it is likely that he and his gang are up to their old naked short tricks.....the biggest clue is the cdn and u.s exchange....as you will remember Fairfax left the NYSE after the dust settled with their fight against naked shorting.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #673 on: June 05, 2012, 06:40:54 AM »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Dazel

« Reply #674 on: June 05, 2012, 07:41:05 AM »

Liberty,

I agree...the longer term...brings Great gains when shorts are wrong...I do not want to sound off the alarm bells...

Those that were around for The Fairfax debacle say some crazy shit! The good news is that many fortunes were made on this board.

If investors are prepared for a short attack they will do well...they have to understand the assets they own...however....as was the case with Fairfax when a $1.3 b company dropped 45% in minutes...it tests your metal.
The good thing is that Fairfax is now worth over $8b

Dazel
Dazel

Dazel

« Reply #675 on: June 05, 2012, 08:13:34 AM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/long-term-uranium-prices-first-122000659.html

The long term uranium price has risen for the first time since Jan 2011....Japan has looked to restart their nuclear program and china has given the go ahead for their program....

Slowly but surely...this is a big deal to Altius' future.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #676 on: June 05, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »

Liberty,

I agree...the longer term...brings Great gains when shorts are wrong...I do not want to sound off the alarm bells...

Those that were around for The Fairfax debacle say some crazy shit! The good news is that many fortunes were made on this board.

If investors are prepared for a short attack they will do well...they have to understand the assets they own...however....as was the case with Fairfax when a $1.3 b company dropped 45% in minutes...it tests your metal.
The good thing is that Fairfax is now worth over $8b

Dazel
Dazel

Hey Dazel,

I totally agree. I might not have been around when Fairfax went through this, but I own a lot of EBIX and I've seen what unscrupulous shorts can do to manipulate a stock. Still, I feel that they are wrong and that in the end they'll have permitted me to buy into a great business at a very low price..
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #677 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »
As expected, more buybacks are underway:

http://www.canadianinsider.com/node/7?ticker=ALS

ADV up over 9% right now. Guess it's China's announcement.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:12:01 AM by Liberty »

jjsto

« Reply #678 on: June 07, 2012, 07:20:31 AM »
Glad to see the buybacks have finally kicked in.  I assumed that was what was supporting Altius at 10, but was getting a little worried cause I hadnt seen any filings in a while.  I started looking at cliffs cause it seems pretty cheap and came across this thread (click on expanded view) on the yahoo forums where some employee at the mine is talking about some of their cost overruns and operating issues.  I hope Alderon management is paying close attention to this so they can avoid making similar mistakes...

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/Stocks_%28A_to_Z%29/Stocks_C/threadview?m=te&bn=3756&tid=64790&mid=64790&tof=4&frt=2#64790

jjsto

« Reply #679 on: June 07, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »
Also, pulled this link off the stockhouse forum.  Interesting discussion of power needs in the area:

http://www.nl.dailybusinessbuzz.ca/Provincial-News/2012-06-07/article-3002164/NL%3A-Mining-industry-needs-Muskrat-Falls,-says-Alderon-chairman/1