Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1792691 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #7270 on: September 20, 2019, 07:05:06 AM »
Thanks. How do you get to that 25+ number?

Back of the envelope:
Producing Assets $725M
- Potash 400M+ [@ 20x FCF]
- Chapada 200M+ [@ 15x FCF]
- Voiseys 30M [@ 15x FCF]
- Coal 60M [@ 5x FCF]
- Met Coal 10M [@ 3x FCF]
- 777 20M [@ 2x FCF]

Development Assets ~100M
- Gunnison 17M
- Kami 32M
- Curipamba 10M
- Mt Pick. 10M
- Renewables Business 15M+
- Lithium Royalties 10M

Exploration Assets ~80M+
- IronOre Assets (JL, Geothite etc.) 30M+
- Royalties 20M+
- Other 30M+

That would be liquidation value for me

Thanks for sharing your numbers. We can disagree on them, but at least it's clear that you didn't just make up a number out of thin air.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

omagh

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7271 on: September 20, 2019, 08:55:40 AM »
Liberty...what's your number?  I think the guys in this thread should be "clear that you didn't just make up a number out of thin air" when fatuously disagreeing with hohi.
[ puts shoe on Liberty's foot ]

Thanks. How do you get to that 25+ number?

Back of the envelope:
Producing Assets $725M
- Potash 400M+ [@ 20x FCF]
- Chapada 200M+ [@ 15x FCF]
- Voiseys 30M [@ 15x FCF]
- Coal 60M [@ 5x FCF]
- Met Coal 10M [@ 3x FCF]
- 777 20M [@ 2x FCF]

Development Assets ~100M
- Gunnison 17M
- Kami 32M
- Curipamba 10M
- Mt Pick. 10M
- Renewables Business 15M+
- Lithium Royalties 10M

Exploration Assets ~80M+
- IronOre Assets (JL, Geothite etc.) 30M+
- Royalties 20M+
- Other 30M+

That would be liquidation value for me

Thanks for sharing your numbers. We can disagree on them, but at least it's clear that you didn't just make up a number out of thin air.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #7272 on: September 20, 2019, 11:12:42 AM »
Liberty...what's your number?  I think the guys in this thread should be "clear that you didn't just make up a number out of thin air" when fatuously disagreeing with hohi.
[ puts shoe on Liberty's foot ]

I don't have a number, I don't spend much time on things I know I don't want to own (there are gating factors and filters, once you fail one or more, no need to go that much further). I used to have a more precise value estimate years ago when I used to own the stock, though. But if you go back in this thread, I think I've written enough to make some of my issues with this company clear.

Not having a precise number doesn't mean I can't have opinions on it or on what people say about it. If I owned it and just hand-waved it that would be something else, but I don't own it and don't plan to.

I've also never made a movie or album, but I sometimes have opinions on the strong and weak points of those too. Owners of a company should want push-back to sharpen their thinking and make sure they're not missing anything, rather than an echo chamber where everybody agrees and thinks the same.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 11:39:08 AM by Liberty »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

bizaro86

« Reply #7273 on: October 04, 2019, 10:38:01 PM »
It has now been 2 weeks since anyone posted to this thread, which is likely some sort of record.  Linealdin, are you ok? I feel like I might have to set up my own google news filters for ALS related information now... :(

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7274 on: October 11, 2019, 07:03:36 AM »
I too miss Lineadin's contributions.  Has he become disenchanted with ALS? Has something happened to him - hopefully not? Does anyone here know why he has stopped posting? Perhaps his computer has died.
Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #7275 on: October 11, 2019, 07:46:25 AM »
He's probably just on vacation.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #7276 on: November 04, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »
Maybe it's a long vacation...

mikek

« Reply #7277 on: November 04, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »
I heard he was last seen searching some exploration projects in Canada.  Rumor has it that the young man was typing a long update on this thread on his Iphone 8 when he fell down a hole and hasn't been seen since.  Rumor has it that a few workers with hard hats saw him from a distance as he was typing and he didn't see the do not enter sign near the large hole.  I will update if I hear back with any updates on the young man or the status of the Iphone 8.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:28:29 PM by mikek »

Gamecock-YT

« Reply #7278 on: November 04, 2019, 06:01:54 PM »
Looks like he's around in some capacity...

Last Active:November 01, 2019, 09:10:25 PM

reader

« Reply #7279 on: November 04, 2019, 09:36:57 PM »
linealdin,

We miss you.
The Altius thread is not the same without you.

Maybe a teaser, though I'm sure you're up to date.

Mosaic cuts potash production at Esterhazy mine

"The Mosaic Company (MOS) announced today that it will temporarily curtail production at its Esterhazy mine, which when combined with a previously announced potash curtailment, brings total curtailments to up to 600,000 tonnes. The curtailment is not expected to impact the pace of development at the Esterhazy mine K3 project. The increased curtailment is based on increasing inventories as a result of a short-term slowdown in global potash markets and increased risks of a delay in Chinese contract settlement."

http://bit.ly/33jvcj5