Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1793867 times)

reader

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #7280 on: November 04, 2019, 09:53:52 PM »
linealdin,

We miss you.
The Altius thread is not the same without you.

Maybe a teaser, though I'm sure you're up to date.

Mosaic cuts potash production at Esterhazy mine

"The Mosaic Company (MOS) announced today that it will temporarily curtail production at its Esterhazy mine, which when combined with a previously announced potash curtailment, brings total curtailments to up to 600,000 tonnes. The curtailment is not expected to impact the pace of development at the Esterhazy mine K3 project. The increased curtailment is based on increasing inventories as a result of a short-term slowdown in global potash markets and increased risks of a delay in Chinese contract settlement."

http://bit.ly/33jvcj5

From yesterdays results release:

" The company accelerated development of the Esterhazy K3 potash mine by an additional year, allowing the closure of the K1 and K2 shafts and elimination of brine management costs by mid-2022, as well as lower cost of production."

"The Colonsay, Saskatchewan potash mine was temporarily idled in August. In the fourth quarter of 2019, the Esterhazy, Saskatchewan potash mine will be temporarily idled, bringing the company’s total 2019 potash curtailment to 600,000 tonnes. The curtailment is not expected to impact the pace of development at the Esterhazy K3 mine project."

Looks like MOS realized combined potash  $264.8 per ton in Q3.

http://bit.ly/33irNRQ

reader

« Reply #7281 on: December 10, 2019, 03:57:56 AM »
Altius Subsidiary Adia Resources Reports Drill Program Results for Lynx Diamonds Project

TEST Business Wire Releases•November 26, 2019

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191126005296/en/

The drilling results real meaning are above my cursory reading grade
but this PG prospect passes De Beers threshold for phase 2 drill campaign so it's at least a mild positive in my book.

"This was the first drilling program on the project. It consisted of three drill holes completed during the winter of 2019 at the Eastern Bay zone. The analysis of drill core samples was carried out by De Beers Group ("De Beers") under the terms of the equity support and participation agreement between Adia and De Beers.
While the abundance and distribution of microdiamonds throughout the thick and extensive ultramafic units is encouraging at this early stage of work, future exploration will focus on zones within the ultramafic package that host coarser diamonds with the potential for commercial value.
The company is fully permitted for a planned Phase 2 drill campaign for winter 2020 to test for further extensions of the unit and to better define the internal stratigraphy and diamond distribution of the Eastern Bay zone. The program will also include the first drill holes to test the diamondiferous Western Bay zone."

Spekulatius

« Reply #7282 on: December 10, 2019, 04:07:15 AM »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.