Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1851763 times)

TwoCitiesCapital

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #7330 on: February 25, 2020, 10:51:55 AM »
Back below $10 CAD. First time since 2016.

On that note, have been repurchasing the 25% or so that I sold in early 2019.

They've come a LONG way since 2016 and to get the shares for a similar price seems a little nuts.

Have been disappointed in the long-term performance of this thing, but swing trading the lows in 2016 and 2018 was very profitable. Hoping for similar outcomes here.

Williams406

« Reply #7331 on: March 09, 2020, 11:40:48 AM »
The call later this week should be interesting. The NCIB limits drive me nuts. Will be interesting to see what allocation decisions are made. More LIORC?

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #7332 on: March 10, 2020, 07:19:02 AM »
https://business.financialpost.com/pmn/press-releases-pmn/business-wire-news-releases-pmn/altius-announces-third-renewable-energy-royalty-from-tge-transaction

Dallas (March 9, 2020) – Tri Global Energy, a leading developer of renewable energy, today announced an agreement to sell the 180-megawatt Flatland Solar project to Silverpeak, an alternative investment firm focused on real estate, energy and credit. Tri Global Energy will maintain its role as lead developer through project financing and construction. As this is now the second venture completed between Silverpeak and Tri Global, the partnership anticipates more successful joint projects in the future.

Flatland Solar is Tri Global Energy’s first solar project in development in Texas, and this represents the latest milestone for the company to enable the construction and operation of the project. Located in Scurry County, Texas, nearly 100 miles south of Lubbock, Texas, Flatland Solar is a 950-acre secured site, expected to break ground later this year. Nearly 690,000 solar panels will be installed as part of the construction process with expansion possible during later phases. The energy generated from Flatland Solar will be delivered to the ERCOT grid.

I'm glad more money is going into renewables. An important sector that I want to see grow as fast as possible.

But as previously mentioned, I fail to see where Altius' competitive advantage is in financing these projects and why they should make a great return on that capital in this fairly commoditized field.

As for the stock, it first traded at this price in 2006...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 01:58:54 PM by Liberty »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Williams406

« Reply #7333 on: March 11, 2020, 09:35:34 AM »
Renewable royalties presentation on altius' website.

Williams406

« Reply #7334 on: March 26, 2020, 07:07:38 AM »
https://ceo.ca/@nasdaq/alderon-provides-corporate-update

Alderon deal with Tunghsu falls through. March 31 deadline to re-pay loan facility. Morabito out.