Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1900592 times)

value-is-what-you-get

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2011, 06:59:43 AM »
Alderon Retains Renmark Financial Communications:
http://www.alderonmining.com/_resources/news/2011-03-11-NewsRelease.pdf

. . . and from the Renmark website they also represent Fibrek! 

A seemingly random one degree of separation - or is it confluence?

Myth465

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2011, 07:08:52 AM »
This is available in the US as ATUSF. Just double checking that this is the same company.

I own via that ticker if it helps. Anyone buying. What a crazy fall.

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
I'm not sure why the fall.

Is it Uranium exposure?
Is it overall commodities going down?
Is it Q4 results?

BeerBaron

goldfinger

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »
I am tempted to buy more. It seems it fell along with commodities and commodity stocks and that investors are totally ignoring what's happening at Altius.

Shane

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2011, 07:22:33 AM »
I bought a small position yesterday, seemed like emotional trading as all of my commodity equities dropped but the largest recovered nicely... to me that says that the stocks without much coverage will come back over the next little bit.  Uranium exposure probably hurt.

BTW does anyone have an idea of the potential revenues from the non Voisey Bay royalties?

Dazel

« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »

sorry guys away....we were buyers yesterday....

dazel.

tengen

« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »
sorry guys away....we were buyers yesterday....

Same here.

Dazel

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2011, 08:21:14 AM »

As we know...the market participants rarely do any homework...and in a panic everything is sold which we saw...Altius "SOLD"..."SOLD" their large Uranium deposit for a large profit $200m..but those in the market rarely care at a time of crisis. So yeah not very liquid...and a panic in company that used to hold a great deal of uranium..it was a fire sale...and still is.
we are trading at near cash levels...(assuming Alderon up 10% yesterday) is included in marketable securities..Huge amounts materials will be needed for Japan's rebuild...on top of iron ore record prices..they are in the sweet spot with Alderon..and I was impressed with their focus on their latest partnership with Cliffs..They think they have found more highly probable spots of iron ore in Labrador which already is in the view of the iron ore world...we like the opportunity.
Alderon should have their first resource estimate..in the next week or two..we expect the investor community to view this for what it is a resource company with loads of cash and no debt...they likely be viewed as an iron ore company (in the Labrador rich area) rather than it is past roots in uranium. We got crazy prices on Tuesday.

Dazel.

Myth465

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2011, 08:35:33 AM »
I bought today. Figured the Uranium was the reason. Bought 25% more and may keep adding. I am simply adding to my holdings during this selloff and am buying the companies which have gone down the most.

Thats this and ATPG. Both appear to have material catalyst.

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
I have bought as well for my tax deferred account.

I am thinking of adding some to my taxable account---I normally would like something I can hold for 10 years or so---do you guys think ALS.TO is something that could be held longterm? say over 10 years?...I am thinking that as a owner/jockey type of holding that it would be.