Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1902808 times)

finetrader

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
have also increased my position. Mr. Market is going crazy.

I'll meet you when it is below 10$

Just wondering, who is selling ???

IMHO   Speculators that bought when commodities were hot a few weeks ago are selling indiscriminately now.   
Live to invest, invest to live

Dazel

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »

I continue to pick away.

Dazel.

enoch01

• Lifetime Member
  • https://twitter.com/eenoch01
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2011, 11:30:54 AM »
have also increased my position. Mr. Market is going crazy.

I'll meet you when it is below 10$

Just wondering, who is selling ???

People who think Alderon is over-valued?

Dazel

« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »

Prices today were as low as when the tsunami hit Japan. To put that in perspective...the dow was 800 points lower...on the mass nuclear and radiation scare.

Dazel.

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
Dazel, what % of your fund is in ALS.TO- seems like u are adding forever.?

Dazel

« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »

thanks for noticing us getting our ass handed to us!!! We sold almost everything after the tsumani rebound so Altius is our only real position...as always added too early!!

We do not run a fund..it is our money...across several accounts so not sure what the percentage is...

Dazel.

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »
better to be too early than too late

I averaged in some as well

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »
 ;D
Thanks for sharing your idea, I haven't done enough research so it's a relatively small position for me but I feel you. Don't count chips until you leave the table.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2011, 11:02:35 AM »
Not directly about Altius, but about another producer near Labrador:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/05/20/arcelotmittal-steel-quebec.html

International steel conglomerate ArcelorMittal will invest $2.1 billion to expand its iron ore facilities in Mont-Wright, Quebec.

The facility, near the town of Fermont, will be upgraded to be able to produce 24 million tonnes of iron ore concentrate by 2013 a major upgrade over the 14 million tonnes currently produced.

The company is also considering upgrades at a facility in Port Cartier. The expansion will create 8,000 construction jobs during the process, and 900 permanent ones once the upgrade is completed, the Luxembourg based steel titan said Friday.

Soaring global demand for the raw materials that allow economic expansion has caused a rush of investment in the commodities sector in recent months and years. ArcelorMittal, which has operations in more than 60 countries, has committed to hike its iron ore production to 100 million tonnes by 2015 to keep up with demand.

The world's largest steel producer, ArcelorMittal acquired most of its Canadian assets during the last round of consolidation in the steel industry in 2006. Among other holdings, they also own the former Dofasco steel-making facilities in Hamilton, Ont.

Earlier this year, the company took over Baffinland Iron Mines Corp. and its massive iron ore development in Mary River, about 160 kilometres south of Pond Inlet, Nunavut.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2011, 07:36:05 AM »
Dazel, is that you buying today?  ;)
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen