Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1779970 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »
Dazel, do you have an idea of their average cost on Royal Gold?
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Dazel

« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »

Their real average cost 0...they have received their original cost base in cash and the gain was received in shares. Bu they had to mark to market it each quarter so the share exchange was around $40...at 80 they would have doubled their winnings so to speak as I discussed earlier but it is tough to tell what other securities they own so I ma not sure what was sold...

they will have to pay tax on the gains when they sell their Royal shares as if their cost base is 0 to answer your question.

That is why we are so excited about his downturn as we hope to have a couple of more of these big wins!

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
Cool. Except for the taxes, that's better than I expected :)
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

RolfGunderson

« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »
Dazel, do you have an idea of their average cost on Royal Gold?

A bit more colour:

From 2010 AR (June, 2010):

"The IRC Shareholder vote was held on February 16, 2010 and the results of the shareholder vote were positive. Upon court approval
and closing the Corporation received $37,520,000 in cash and 529,297 shares in RG Exchange Co Inc representing estimated total
proceeds of approximately $63,132,000 and recorded an estimated gain of approximately $28,413,000. The RG Exchangeable shares
have all the rights of Royal Gold common shares and are convertible into Royal Gold common shares at the option of the holder."

DP

Dazel

« Reply #384 on: October 06, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Alderon-Reports-Results-From-iw-2522420490.html?x=0

more good news...from Alderon corp..the stock has recovered with good reason.

Dazel

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #385 on: October 06, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Alderon-Reports-Results-From-iw-2522420490.html?x=0

more good news...from Alderon corp..the stock has recovered with good reason.

Dazel

With my limited understanding of how these things work, I'm parsing this as: They're hitting about 30% grade on all their drill holes.

That seems like great news in itself, but is there something I'm missing, or is that the main takeaway here?

As usual, thanks Dazel for posting this :)

Dazel

« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2011, 07:32:06 AM »
http://www.mbironoreindex.com/

iron prices rose for the first time in a month! they are one of the best performing asset classes on the planet behind the $U.S dollar (which makes the iron price actually up in world currency), and U.S Treasuries.

iron ore is currently Altius' largest asset....we hope to see them cash in this year...as the world takes notice.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2011, 07:39:25 AM »

Liberty,

you are correct...they need to drill more holes to cover more area to take the resource from inferred to indicated...and then measured...more drill holes have to happen to make this happen...this is another step...feasibility and measured usually come around the same time...every step takes them closer to production and obviously gets the attention of the market and iron ore players...the closer they get to production the more valuable the asset.

Dazel.

shalab

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
Reading the proxy statement, seems like a bunch of options ~350K are vesting for Dalton in 2013 through 2015. Ditto for senior managers. Also, Dalton pay went up.

Dazel

« Reply #389 on: October 11, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Alderon-Commence-Trading-iw-1952305287.html?x=0

Alderon will begin trading on the tsx tomorrow. This will give them greater exposure to international and other investors that
do not buy stocks on the venture exchange.

Dazel.