Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1884125 times)

MrB

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #400 on: November 15, 2011, 12:48:46 AM »
40m shares, $28m spent on exploration and royalties on top of that? Looks to me like FER is in heat! ;D

netnet

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »
Dazel, thanks for the update.

What's the opposite of a "black swan" i.e. an unexpected good outcome?

It's still a black swan, just one on the upside!

Dazel

« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2011, 08:22:19 AM »
http://www.mbironoreindex.com/com/

Iron ore prices are coming back as quickly as they fell.....this bodes very well for altius. Now almost 150 from 115....remember that alderon's number is 118 for their projections.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
Good to hear. I'm expecting more volatility for a while, but good to see that it can go back up that quickly.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Dazel

« Reply #404 on: November 18, 2011, 07:56:53 AM »

We are enjoying watching the share count go down daily....the longer we are down at these levels the better for the long term investor. It's very nice to have altius sitting on a boat load of cash in this environment...as they have many accretive options.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »
Good point. I hadn't checked canadianinsider.com in a while, but I see that they've been buying between 3k-8k shares/day lately. Very nice.

Now if only they could release the annual report, I'd have zero complaints.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

MrB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #406 on: November 22, 2011, 06:01:25 AM »
Century Iron Mines Corporation And Altius Minerals Corporation Announces Completion Of Acquisition By Century Of Altius Labrador Iron Ore Properties

Century Iron Mines Corporation and Altius Minerals Corporation announced that their previously announced transaction to acquire four regional iron ore projects in the Labrador Trough has been completed. Century and Altius have entered into a principal agreement pursuant to which Century has agreed to acquire the right, title and 100% interest in and to four groups of early-stage iron ore properties located in the Labrador Trough region of western Labrador held by Altius. These are the Astray, Grenville, Menihek and Schefferville properties (Projects). The consideration for the acquisition of the Projects was more fully disclosed in the Century News Release dated November 10, 2011. As part of the Closing of the transaction, Century and Altius have entered into a royalty agreement pursuant to which Century has granted and will pay to Altius a 1% to 4% sliding scale gross sales royalty in respect of iron ore produced from the Projects on terms and conditions as set out in the Royalty Agreement. The Company has also agreed to incur aggregate exploration expenditures on the Projects in a minimum amount of $28,000,000 and make certain share payments to Altius over a five-year period following the Closing Date contingent on the achievement of NI-43-101 resource definition milestones as previously disclosed.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #407 on: November 22, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
http://www.alderonironore.com/_resources/news/2011-11-22-NewsRelease.pdf

Alderon Resource Upgrade Program Continues On Course

Alderon Iron Ore Corp. (TSX:ADV) (OTCQX: ALDFF) ("Alderon") is pleased to announce additional assay results from the ongoing drill program on the 100% owned Kamistiatusset ("Kami") Iron Ore Project in western Labrador. These results are from the Rose Central Zone and are all within the currently defined National Instrument ("NI") 43-101 resource estimate. They will be used to upgrade the resource from the indicated and inferred to the measured and indicated categories in preparation for the Feasibility Study.

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #408 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
Is that me or the concentration on the new drilling holes is lower then their inferred resourced estimates?

BeerBaron

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #409 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »
Is that me or the concentration on the new drilling holes is lower then their inferred resourced estimates?

BeerBaron

It is, but it was my impression that maybe these were not drilled in the most promising areas (which are those that were drilled first and used for the official estimates), but rather that they are 'bonus'. I could be wrong about that, though.