Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1884230 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #720 on: July 09, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »

one more thing....

Hebei iron ore is massive....this is not a large deal for them capital wise...but a great return on capital and securing iron ore for the future...gives them negotiating power over the big boys..it is a good strategy as Wisco found out with Thompson Considated.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #721 on: July 11, 2012, 03:35:35 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-10/billionaire-forrest-leads-blackrock-buying-iron-ore-commodities.html?cmpid=yhoo

We like to see investors putting their money where their mouth is...not talking the talk on a day trade on cnbc...

We are also happy to see Altius is doing the same by buying back shares in this environment.

A side note...has anyone else seen the release that new homes sale prices rose for the first time in 10 months in June in China.. I haven't.

Dazel

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #722 on: July 11, 2012, 07:25:51 AM »
Alderon Iron Ore Corp. (TSX: ADV) (NYSE MKT: AXX) ("Alderon" or the “Company”) is  pleased to announce the results of the final mineral resource estimate on its Kamistiatusset (“Kami”) Iron Ore Project in western Labrador.  The estimate includes a Measured and Indicated mineral resource of 1.1 billion tonnes at 29.8% iron and an Inferred mineral resource of 277.4 million tonnes at 29.5% iron (refer to tables below for tonnage and grade details) based on a cut-off grade of 20% iron. 

“We are extremely pleased with this final resource estimate for Kami,” says Tayfun Eldem, President and CEO of Alderon.  “The completion of each successive drill program has resulted in an increase in the mineral resource estimate, while continuing to confirm consistent grades. The final numbers clearly underline the potential and the value of the Kami Project.  The Measured and Indicated mineral resources will form the basis for Kami’s Feasibility Study that is expected to be completed before the end of this year."

http://www.alderonironore.com/_resources/news/2012-07-11-NewsRelease.pdf
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

value-is-what-you-get

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #723 on: July 13, 2012, 07:16:53 AM »
Danny Williams is suing a guy from the Sierra Club for defamation over the proposed Muskrat Falls power dam.

Here's a remarkable little quote from the Winnipeg Free Press from the statement of claim:

"The plaintiffs are not party to or involved with Altius in respect to the financing of Muskrat Falls by way of a royalty trust proposal or agreement or otherwise; and are not hiding such proposal or agreement from the citizens of Newfoundland and Labrador;

"The plaintiffs are not party to or involved with the alleged royalty trust and will not personally gain from such a proposal or agreement."

Is Altius in the process of securing a royalty stream from the power all of the producers in the area will be using?  If so, that's sharp!

Green King

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #724 on: July 13, 2012, 08:23:41 AM »
i think there was a link to blog post a while back on this thread about that.
GK

value-is-what-you-get

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #725 on: July 13, 2012, 09:01:58 AM »
Yes I remember a blog post saying Alderon could only expand output to 16 million tonnes if the dam was built and that it wa no sure thing that it would, but this is the first I'd heard of Altius possibly securing a royalty on the power dam output.  Maybe Im reading this wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

Green King

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #726 on: July 13, 2012, 09:28:04 AM »
Yes I remember a blog post saying Alderon could only expand output to 16 million tonnes if the dam was built and that it wa no sure thing that it would, but this is the first I'd heard of Altius possibly securing a royalty on the power dam output.  Maybe Im reading this wrong but thats what it looks like to me.

it seems the blog we were talking about it and is getting sued are the same.
http://rocksolidpolitics.blogspot.ca/
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/former-premier-danny-williams-sues-muskrat-falls-critics-for-alleged-defamation-162228675.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:58:10 PM by Green King »
GK

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #727 on: July 13, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »
How can Altius buy a royalty on a 6B$ hydro project ? That is a huge cow for such a small company.

BeerBaron

Dazel

« Reply #728 on: July 14, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
Altius has had this in the works for a long time...they would create a royalty trust and raise money for the royalty trust that would then buy future power income stream from the Lower Churchill power project. The same way that a mining royalty is set up. They would put up some capital but the majority would come from outside parties to raise money for the project they would become shareholders in the royalty trust that would get it's income from the future revenue from the project. The government looked at it as a unique way to let the people have a chance to participate in profit sharing for the project while raising money that would not require the province to issue debt.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #729 on: July 14, 2012, 12:27:44 PM »

Liberty,

The Alderon release was expected of course which is good news...however, the better news is how quickly it was done...The feasibility study is the next major milestone...that brings the financing cash and they are off to the production races...the speed at which things are done now are the key. They said the feasibility study will be out before yearend...but I would expect it by  quarters end. Once that is done...look out.

Dazel.