Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 2069717 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #880 on: November 13, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »
http://beforeitsnews.com/press-releases/2012/11/century-iron-mines-announces-filing-of-second-fiscal-quarter-financial-results-reporting-a-gain-of-approximately-53-5-million-on-deemed-disposal-of-a-subsidiary-2608764.html

Century has booked a $53m gain on a sale of a subsidiary...in the release above they say they have sold 80% of the Astray property they acquired from Altius. Allthough they claim 100% ownership they have not acquired the asset yet because they have not spent the $7m on exploration... So technically, Altius still owns it...there has to be some sort of negotiation going on...we think....

We will look into it... For two reasons obviously, Altius' end and what the $53m gain is from...it would put a figure on Altius project values...certainly the $53 m cannot be from the one Astray property.

Dazel.

nostradamus

« Reply #881 on: November 15, 2012, 04:57:57 AM »
Any views from the board on whether the following news is a net positive or negative for the development of the Rocky Brook and Topsails uranium properties of Altius?

JNR Announces Agreement to be Acquired by Denison Mines Corp
http://www.jnrresources.com/s/NewsReleases.asp?ReportID=557372&_Type=News-Releases&_Title=JNR-Announces-Agreement-to-be-Acquired-by-Denison-Mines-Corp.

On the positive side Denison seems to have a greater capacity to fund future exploration. However, the Chairman of Denison gives the main reason for the acquisition of JNR as the advancement of its goal to become the preeminent exploration company in the Athabasca Basin (in Saskatchewan). So is there a risk that they simply mothball the Altius properties (in Newfoundland)?

N.

Dazel

« Reply #882 on: November 15, 2012, 06:03:25 AM »

The fact there is some action on jnr is positive. Denison is a company in much better shape.

Commodities and any company involved in them have been hit by the fiscal cliff scare...China etc.

Those that are smart will pick up good assets for great prices right now.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #883 on: November 15, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-14/best-metals-forecaster-smirk-sees-china-recovering-commodities.html

Interesting calls from the top metals forecaster since 1999..he called the drop in iron ore this year..he is calling for $170t by June.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • libertyrpf.com
    • http://www.libertyrpf.com
« Reply #885 on: November 16, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »
$9.35. Mr. Market really doesn't like Altius right now.

naboo

« Reply #886 on: November 16, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
$9.35. Mr. Market really doesn't like Altius right now.

I think this is a holiday gift for someone who has cash to buy ALS shares at the price.  For me, I have no cash, all my cash was used yesterday to buy another gift: FFH
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:32:02 PM by naboo »
*****  Every Penny Counts *****

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #887 on: November 16, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »
Did that feasibility study for Alderon ever came out, I tough it was due in Q3 2012...? I can't seem to find anything on Alderon's web site.

BeerBaron

ItsAValueTrap

• Blog
« Reply #888 on: November 16, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »
The quarterly MD&As of juniors are definitely worth reading as they often make important disclosures in them.  Normally I don't advocate reading quarterly reports as it is too short-term focused but I would advocate skimming the MD&A for information regarding the development of a junior's deposit.  Selwyn Resources for example disclosed that its feasibility study was a failure in its MD&A; it did not disclose that in a press release until much later on.

As for the feasibility study on the Kami Property, we had been expecting, as indicated in prior MD&As, to
complete this study during the third quarter of 2012 and to release the final results during the fourth quarter of
2012. However, while the progress of the study itself has continued to advance, certain engineering studies and
optimization analyses within the overall feasibility initiative are taking more time to conduct and finalize than we
had originally anticipated. The results still may be released during the fourth quarter, but in any event, the results
of the feasibility study will be released prior to January 31, 2013.

In some cases, juniors will delay and delay the release of feasibility studies if the project is not remotely economic.  I don't think it is the case here as Alderon's partner likely did their due diligence and the feasibility study will likely be heavily manipulated anyways (if Consolidated Thompson is any indication).
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. " -Buffett

my blog

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #889 on: November 16, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
how much they have left in their buyback program?