Author Topic: AMC - AMC Entertainment Holdings  (Read 36080 times)

roark33

Re: AMC - AMC Entertainment Holdings
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2020, 05:15:54 PM »
Wonder Woman pushed back to October.  Mulan will probably be pushed back a month.  Some other movies being shifted from fall to next year, Matrix being moved from 2021 to 2022. 

It's just going to be a long slog ahead for AMC.  They really need the unsecured to accept the exchange so they can reduce their interest payments with the PIK Notes. 

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2020, 07:33:22 AM »
Wonder Woman pushed back to October.  Mulan will probably be pushed back a month.  Some other movies being shifted from fall to next year, Matrix being moved from 2021 to 2022. 

It's just going to be a long slog ahead for AMC.  They really need the unsecured to accept the exchange so they can reduce their interest payments with the PIK Notes.

Yeah, upcoming big budget releases keep getting pushed back. AMC is has no control over release dates and opening its US cinemas too far in advance of the first big budget movie release would only serve to burn cash more quickly.

This situation is partially an artifact of the bifurcation that we've seen develop in the movie industry in the last few years: Most big budget movies still go to cinemas, but lower budget movies (like Adam Sandler's recent stuff) go to streaming first.

Way back in 2005 I was dragged to see "Must Love Dogs" -- truly a traumatic experience. These days a lower budget romantic comedy like that would go straight to streaming. This situation means that cinema chains are very reliant on a relatively small number of big budget films.

Anyway, this headline says it all: "Box Office: The Summer Movie Season Is Essentially Canceled"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/06/13/box-office-summer-movie-season-essentially-canceled-mulan-tenet-spongebob/#54e0bc85258c
Former Teldar Paper Vice President

roark33

Spekulatius

« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2020, 07:58:20 AM »
Quote from: Foreign Tuffett

Way back in 2005 I was dragged to see "Must Love Dogs" -- truly a traumatic experience.

LOL, mine was “Stuck Everlasting“

It predates yours, but I still recall the feeble plot line as if I have watched it yesterday,
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:01:33 AM by Spekulatius »
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2020, 08:43:04 AM »
Quote from: Foreign Tuffett

Way back in 2005 I was dragged to see "Must Love Dogs" -- truly a traumatic experience.

LOL, mine was “Stuck Everlasting“

It predates yours, but I still recall the feeble plot line as if I have watched it yesterday,

You guys just don't understand movies. ::)

#SleeplessInSeattle-BestMovieEver
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 08:49:58 AM by Jurgis »
"Human civilization? It might be a good idea." - Not Gandhi
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
"Money is an illusion" - Not Karl Marx
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

merkhet

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2020, 10:40:36 AM »
Worst movie ever is still Sucker Punch. IIRC Richard Roeper’s review was something like “somehow this movie has loud explosions, martial arts, and scantily-clad school girls and still even teenage boys would be bored to tears.”

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2020, 10:50:09 AM »
Worst movie ever is still Sucker Punch. IIRC Richard Roeper’s review was something like “somehow this movie has loud explosions, martial arts, and scantily-clad school girls and still even teenage boys would be bored to tears.”

Sucker Punch ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978764/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 ). My rating: 9 out of 10.

#YouGuysStillDon'tUnderstandMovies  ::)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:58:58 AM by Jurgis »
"Human civilization? It might be a good idea." - Not Gandhi
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
"Money is an illusion" - Not Karl Marx
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

roark33

« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2020, 11:33:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/AMCTheatres/status/1274038584241160192/photo/1

Aron is such a clown.  He was on Cramer last night saying no masks, now reversing his policy.  What did he expect last night? 

The stock was 30 when it went public in 2015 and 6 today. 

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2020, 07:08:58 AM »
Release dates just keep getting pushed back. Now "Tenet" and "Mulan", the two blockbusters that were supposed to lead the way for cinemas reopening, don't even have release dates at all! 

Link to current release dates:

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1286657414834655244

I haven't been following the news and rumors surrounding AMC's attempts to finance itself, but I would imagine that going long the stock at this point is a bet on:

(a) COVID treatment/vaccine breakthrough and/or
(b) government bailout and/or
(c) YOLO
Former Teldar Paper Vice President

Gregmal

« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »
I still think this is a pretty sure 0, but from a recent call...on AMC opening

Craig Kucera

Hi. Good morning, guys. I'm curious to hear about your discussions with your movie theater tenants. I know AMC pushed back opening up another couple of weeks this morning. I think, Cinemark is expecting a phase reopening, but just, sort of, curious what you're hearing from them?

John Albright

Yeah. I would say that they weren't expecting to open up this month or next month, back when we negotiated our deals. I think, where the rubber meets the road is if they're not starting to open up in October, that would be, you know, if things aren't looking great for October then you could be having another discussion with them. But they didn't have any grand plans for late summer. They felt -- lease there, the way they are operating, that things are going to be shutdown until fall.