Author Topic: BAM - Brookfield Asset Management  (Read 512194 times)

racemize

• Lifetime Member
Re: BAM - Brookfield Asset Management
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2017, 06:16:22 AM »
I believe Eric has just posted or will post a seeking alpha article for the recent presentation, which may be of use.  He also has old ones from the last two years.

Moreover, if you use BAMs method from the presentation, you get around $50 a share.

Plato, I think you are missing that there is a margin associated with those fees / overhead costs to subtract.

plato1976

« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2017, 09:59:14 AM »
Hi, Racemize:

These numbers are earnings, and also the cash flow items used to calculate FCF in their presentation, so I assume all costs are already deduced. I could be wrong. The only other item in the FCF calculation is an item called "OUTFLOW" which brings FCF to 1.8B from the earning number I posted in my original post which is sth like 2.2B

So, I don't see the cost not included. But, may I know Eric's full seekingalpha ID?
Thanks and appreciate!
/P

I believe Eric has just posted or will post a seeking alpha article for the recent presentation, which may be of use.  He also has old ones from the last two years.

Moreover, if you use BAMs method from the presentation, you get around $50 a share.

Plato, I think you are missing that there is a margin associated with those fees / overhead costs to subtract.

racemize

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »
Here's the new one:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4112673-brookfield-asset-management-value-growth-next-5-years
Here's last years:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/3962940-2015-intrinsic-value-brookfield-asset-management

I feel like something isn't quite right with that calculation, as it is coming out too high it seems like, but I'm having trouble putting my finger on it.  Maybe I can try to figure it out in more detail tonight.

OnTheShouldersOfGiants

« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
I came across the 13f for BAM:

https://whalewisdom.com/filer/brookfield-asset-management-inc#/tabholdings_tab_link

Why does BAM have such a large equity portfolio?

John Hjorth

« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »
BAM is the owner of the General Partner [who controls the individual partnerships] in the following partnerships:

Brookfield Property Partners [BPY.UN],
Brookfield Renewable Partners [BEP.UN],
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners [BIP.UN], and
Brookfield Business Partners [BBU.UN].

Add to to that, material economic interest in each of these partnerships mentioned above.

- - - o 0 o - - -

Furthermore, a  large position in GGP.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

cubsfan

« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2017, 03:25:03 PM »
At one time, they owned 30% of GGP, not sure if that still holds...

chrispy

« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2017, 05:30:03 PM »
I believe they have increased their position in GGP recently

OnTheShouldersOfGiants

« Reply #267 on: November 02, 2017, 06:33:04 AM »
I appreciate the replies but I'm not sure that explains why BAM has an equity portfolio with over 150 names.

villainx

« Reply #268 on: November 02, 2017, 08:19:18 AM »
I appreciate the replies but I'm not sure that explains why BAM has an equity portfolio with over 150 names.

I believe they have various funds and through their PE stuff?

racemize

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #269 on: November 02, 2017, 09:42:12 AM »

I believe they have various funds and through their PE stuff?

They have a public equities fund, which I imagine is being reported through the 13-F.