Author Topic: CLWY - Calloway's Nursery  (Read 27394 times)

DTEJD1997

CLWY - Calloway's Nursery
« on: May 24, 2017, 11:52:46 AM »
Hey all:

I've been talking about CLWY for years.  Dave Waters over at "OTC Adventures" alerted me to this company as I was living in Houston at the time and could check on some of their real estate.

CLWY owned/owns some INCREDIBLY valuable real estate...at the time of my initial purchase, their best location was worth about the WHOLE of the market cap of the company.

Fast forward several years...CEO & BOD has been shaken up.  Activist hedge fund has come in and made changes.  They are now making SOLID money...have sold some locations, bettered the balance sheet.

The P/E ratio has a good chance of entering into the LOW single digits...all with a solid balance sheet, and potentially even more value to be unlocked from selling Voss Rd. location.

I am almost tempted to buy more at these high prices!

Anybody have any thoughts/ideas on this one?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:08:49 PM by Parsad »

oddballstocks

• Lifetime Member
    • Oddball Stocks Blog
Re: CLWY Calloway's Nursery
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »
Only thought is don't post great ideas like this on here?

DTEJD1997 is like a hound dog on the trail of OTC turnarounds..something worth following.
The ultimate edge for bank investors: http://www.completebankdata.com

maybe4less

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

Where should they be posted?

awindenberger

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »

DTEJD1997 is like a hound dog on the trail of OTC turnarounds..something worth following.

Insn't this board the perfect place for posting great ideas? What else are we here for?

writser

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »

Where should they be posted?

Probably Nate wants them only in his $590 / year newsletter.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 01:49:04 PM »
Speaking of the newsletter, anyone have any idea what the returns are on the stocks profiled?
Paul

Travis Wiedower

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 02:02:18 PM »
I own it. I'm expecting a big Q2 based on how much inventory and accounts payable/accrued expenses built up during Q1. My biggest concern is how levered to the economy it (probably) is. This economy can't keep going up forever.

Here's my write-up on it: https://traviswiedower.com/2017/05/01/calloways-nursery-undervalued-with-aligned-ownership/
My investing blog: Egregiously Cheap

valcont

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 02:06:23 PM »
Speaking of the newsletter, anyone have any idea what the returns are on the stocks profiled?

I hope he is using this strategy:

Send newsletters to 1000 people; half the newsletters say stock A will go up, half say it goes down. Stock A goes down. Send 500 new newsletters to the people who got a correct prediction about stock A; half of the new newsletters say stock B is going up, half say it's going down. Then send 250 more newsletters... etc. Eventually there's a handful of people who've gotten eight straight correct picks from him, and hopefully they invest their life savings.

NeverLoseMoney

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 02:35:56 PM »
Come on guys, Nate deserves a lot more respect and credit than he's being given by some in this thread. I'm sure his comment about not posting an idea like this here was tongue-in-cheek. After all, he has shared dozens of great ideas on his blog for free and did this for years. Don't resort to taking cheap shots or trying to discredit someone who's offered more valuable investment ideas than anyone who has posted in this thread.

DTEJD1997

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 02:43:31 PM »

I hope he is using this strategy:

Send newsletters to 1000 people; half the newsletters say stock A will go up, half say it goes down. Stock A goes down. Send 500 new newsletters to the people who got a correct prediction about stock A; half of the new newsletters say stock B is going up, half say it's going down. Then send 250 more newsletters... etc. Eventually there's a handful of people who've gotten eight straight correct picks from him, and hopefully they invest their life savings.
I very much doubt this is going on.  I would be willing to bet a substantial portion of my wealth that it is not.

I have read a few of the issues, and they contain good ideas that are the result of a TREMENDOUS amount of experience, research and hard work.  In fact, I would recommend the newsletter if a person is interested in small/nano cap stocks.

I would also go so far as to say this is a terribly unfair statement about Nate's newsletter.  You shouldn't accuse him of doing such UNLESS you've got some proof of that, which I doubt there is.

Believe me, I've literally got a BOOK of ideas that I don't talk/discuss/post on this board, or any other.  This is the result of DECADES of hard work.  Sometimes I will discuss them with a small, select group of trusted people. 

Perhaps this is not the place?