Author Topic: DDS - Dillard's  (Read 14590 times)

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
Re: DDS - Dillard's
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2019, 10:36:03 AM »
With the amount of posting that he did and frustration he must have been short European bonds  ???

I would need an emoticon with a hanged man!

Cardboard

RuleNumberOne

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »
As more and more people slowly realize that there isn't going to be any short squeeze, this will continue to drift lower.

While people have been waiting for that short squeeze that was supposed to happen after the 10-Q filing, the pump-and-dumpers have been laughing their way to the bank.

They said: "Here, buy this bag from me and stand over there. You are going to get a violent short squeeze half an hour before the market close."

Hence the term 'bagholders.' The next moxreport could be "rare earths discovered in the Dillards parking lot in Oklahoma, oil in the Dillards in Texas, gold mines in the Dillards in Florida and Iowa. The value of this real estate has been estimated generally at a few tens of billions of dollars (ranging from roughly $750-$800 per share). This will be revealed in an SEC filing 2 weeks from now following which there will be a violent short squeeze."

The only squeeze for Dillards is the one that Amazon-Costco-Target-Walmart are collectively putting on.

Gregmal

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »
As more and more people slowly realize that there isn't going to be any short squeeze, this will continue to drift lower.

While people have been waiting for that short squeeze that was supposed to happen after the 10-Q filing, the pump-and-dumpers have been laughing their way to the bank.

They said: "Here, buy this bag from me and stand over there. You are going to get a violent short squeeze half an hour before the market close."

Hence the term 'bagholders.' The next moxreport could be "rare earths discovered in the Dillards parking lot in Oklahoma, oil in the Dillards in Texas, gold mines in the Dillards in Florida and Iowa. The value of this real estate has been estimated generally at a few tens of billions of dollars (ranging from roughly $750-$800 per share). This will be revealed in an SEC filing 2 weeks from now following which there will be a violent short squeeze."

The only squeeze for Dillards is the one that Amazon-Costco-Target-Walmart are collectively putting on.

Translating much of this and your other comments I get... "if its not a fundamental trade it doesn't count! wah, wah, wah"

If you're short, well Im not sorry there was an opportunity to make money while you paid 2.5% this month to suffer paper losses and borrow your shares. If you're not short, then I don't really get why you are so butthurt.

RuleNumberOne

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 07:10:44 PM »
It was very dishonorable. moxreport put in a lot of effort formatting his webpages - try making a webpage with tables and graphs as well-designed as he had?

But he never bothered to provide any proof for his repeated claim that the real estate was "generally estimated at" $150-$300 per share. Dillards SEC filings revealed sale prices for stores at an average of only $59 per share. With the net debt of $22 per share, it was overvalued.

Gullible people who fell for the painstakingly-designed webpage with red fonts, tables, graphs got ripped off. Extremely unethical. Some of them are clearly still holding the stock waiting for that "violent" short squeeze.

I am "butthurt" because i don't like honest hardworking people getting ripped off.

Translating much of this and your other comments I get... "if its not a fundamental trade it doesn't count! wah, wah, wah"

If you're short, well Im not sorry there was an opportunity to make money while you paid 2.5% this month to suffer paper losses and borrow your shares. If you're not short, then I don't really get why you are so butthurt.

Gregmal

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
It was very dishonorable. moxreport put in a lot of effort formatting his webpages - try making a webpage with tables and graphs as well-designed as he had?

But he never bothered to provide any proof for his repeated claim that the real estate was "generally estimated at" $150-$300 per share. Dillards SEC filings revealed sale prices for stores at an average of only $59 per share. With the net debt of $22 per share, it was overvalued.

Gullible people who fell for the painstakingly-designed webpage with red fonts, tables, graphs got ripped off. Extremely unethical. Some of them are clearly still holding the stock waiting for that "violent" short squeeze.

I am "butthurt" because i don't like honest hardworking people getting ripped off.

The premise of the investment(one he still apparently held as of the close today), was very straight forward. Sure, as has been mentioned, there was some salesmanship to the verbiage. But it was totally transparent and no different than anything you'll see anywhere else, from Seeking Alpha, to Twitter, to the latest JP Morgan analyst report.

Ultimately, no one was duped as each and every individual who hits the buy and sell buttons is responsible for themselves. If what you are describing truly upset you so much, I can only imagine the constant state of unease and fury you must be in, I don't know, like, 743 times a day when analysts publish bullshit that investors then chose to act on even though generally speaking, much of it is nonsense...

Spekulatius

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2019, 07:23:45 PM »
The trade worked, Cashing. Great for those that did it. Equally, going short now or buying puts may work just as well. I personally donít think DDS reale state is worth that much and it would be quite difficult and expensive to unlock the value.

Some investment are LT bets, some trades are short term bets and both can work.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

SHDL

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2019, 08:53:22 PM »
Squeeze or no squeeze, I donít get the sense that this is good short.  The department store business may well be a melting ice cube, but even if it is the evidence so far is that it is a slowly melting one.  The RE may not be worth a ton, but at the current stock price you are getting that for like < $50 per sq foot, which sounds cheap to me ó although I admit I am no RE expert.  The management keeps buying back stock and if they keep going the company will be taken private in just a few years.  The cost of borrowing the stock is high and so are the option premiums.

Iíve actually been thinking about selling a few long dated puts given the setup. 

Gregmal

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2019, 07:57:05 AM »
Getting perky again. Borrow rate to short has gone from 28% a week ago to now over 70%. Up 10% today on just 200K shares volume.

Gregmal

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »
Boom. Just like that. Another round trip from high $50's/low $60's to high $60's/low $70's. Not bad for like, the worlds worst retailer with shitty rural locations..... Definitely outperformed the fuck out of my "value investments" the past couple weeks....

Gregmal

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2019, 05:28:21 AM »