Author Topic: FCAU - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles  (Read 1015585 times)

vinod1

• Lifetime Member
    • My Blog
Re: FCAU - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
« Reply #3020 on: December 18, 2019, 01:31:23 PM »
You guys are coming up with a value of about $35 to $40 in 5 years or about $25 now.

But, as per the new 4 year plan earnings are supposed to be €5.9 to €7.3 per share in 2022.

Even if (a pretty big IF) Fiat gets to only €5.0 ($6) and at 5 PE it would be worth $30 within 2-3 years. And arguable more.

So how is the merger more attractive than being standalone, given all the additional risks that come along?

Vinod
The fundamental algorithm of life: repeat what works. –Charlie Munger

rolling

« Reply #3021 on: January 02, 2020, 08:30:55 AM »
You guys are coming up with a value of about $35 to $40 in 5 years or about $25 now.

But, as per the new 4 year plan earnings are supposed to be €5.9 to €7.3 per share in 2022.

Even if (a pretty big IF) Fiat gets to only €5.0 ($6) and at 5 PE it would be worth $30 within 2-3 years. And arguable more.

So how is the merger more attractive than being standalone, given all the additional risks that come along?

Vinod
What story makes most sense?
1- fcau getting those earnings as a standalone
2- synergies and scale from merger

I think the 2nd one especially because:
A) option 2 does not exclude option 1 possibility (those earnings can go right and you still get 50% of those plus the extraordinary dividends)
B) estimated synergies do not include factory closings. If a recession comes, those "unplanned" synergies will materialize even if those 3.7B turn out to be lower. If a recession comes, least efficient factories will probably close.

So my take is: significant de-risking and higher (real) upside.
My usual portfolio: Highly concentrated (up to 3 or 4 positions) in smallcaps and microcaps.

RadMan24

« Reply #3022 on: January 02, 2020, 06:46:07 PM »
I mean, operationally, you will have a guy who turned GM Europe from a loss maker of 20 years to $1 billion EBIT in 9 months.

Carlos Tavares is the best operator in the business, now at the helm (in 12 months or so). It's worth to see how this plays out in my opinion.

DTEJD1997

« Reply #3023 on: February 11, 2020, 08:49:55 AM »
Hey all:

FCAU came out with earnings the other day.

Seems to be a slight let down.  Apparently they were $.02/share off of what was expected and the stock promptly went way down.

Would be interesting to see/know the balance sheet and what the status is of the robotics division sale.

I think TSLA is sucking all the oxygen & attention out of the automotive area.

Anybody else still in FCAU or has everybody liquidated and moved to TSLA?

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3024 on: February 11, 2020, 09:09:33 AM »
Hey all:

FCAU came out with earnings the other day.

Seems to be a slight let down.  Apparently they were $.02/share off of what was expected and the stock promptly went way down.

Would be interesting to see/know the balance sheet and what the status is of the robotics division sale.

I think TSLA is sucking all the oxygen & attention out of the automotive area.

Anybody else still in FCAU or has everybody liquidated and moved to TSLA?

I haven't sold FCAU yet to move to TSLA.   Maybe if TSLA ever hits $1000/share I'll sell FCAU and everything else and go all in.

RadMan24

« Reply #3025 on: February 11, 2020, 10:57:32 AM »
FCF was underwhelming due to electric vehicle spend. 2021-2022 with merger synergies is what will propel this investment up. Otherwise, it’s a waiting gamw.