Author Topic: GOOGL - Google  (Read 521859 times)

saltybit

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: GOOGL - Google
« Reply #1921 on: October 25, 2018, 05:33:58 AM »
VW apparently wanting to invest $13.7bn for 10% of Waymo:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-partnerships-waymo/volkswagen-in-talks-with-waymo-about-mobility-services-partnership-manager-magazin-idUSKCN1MZ1FL

Volkswagen Chief Executive Herbert Diess wants to spend 12 billion euros ($13.70 billion) for a 10 percent stake in Waymo, the robotaxi company owned by Alphabet but Diess lacks the backing from the supervisory board to spend such an amount, Manager Magazin said

Not sure how reliable that is.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

benchmark

« Reply #1923 on: October 25, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »
Google Q3:

https://abc.xyz/investor/static/pdf/2018Q3_alphabet_earnings_release.pdf?cache=d17140f
Seems like a reasonable quarter, though the declining growth and margin is not ideal.

pcm983

« Reply #1924 on: October 25, 2018, 01:58:23 PM »
google core margin up yoy just fyi - seems fine

nkp007

« Reply #1925 on: October 25, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #1926 on: November 13, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-13/waymo-to-start-first-driverless-car-service-next-month

Waymo, the secretive subsidiary of Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc., is planning to launch the world’s first commercial driverless car service in early December, according to a person familiar with the plans. It will operate under a new brand and compete directly with Uber and Lyft.

Waymo is keeping the new name a closely guarded secret until the formal announcement, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the plans haven’t been made public.

Lakesider

« Reply #1927 on: November 13, 2018, 03:31:42 PM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-13/waymo-to-start-first-driverless-car-service-next-month

Waymo, the secretive subsidiary of Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc., is planning to launch the world’s first commercial driverless car service in early December, according to a person familiar with the plans. It will operate under a new brand and compete directly with Uber and Lyft.

Waymo is keeping the new name a closely guarded secret until the formal announcement, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the plans haven’t been made public.

Big news if true

Viking

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1928 on: November 20, 2018, 04:35:58 PM »
Stock is trading at $1025, down about 20% from its 52 week high and is near its 52 week low of $980. Earnings are forecast to be $42/share in 2018 so PE is about 24, which looks reasonable. The company also has net cash of $100 billion (market cap is $715 billion). Earnings estimate for 2019 is $47 (Yahoo finance).

Top line is expected to grow close to 20% in the coming years. Druckenmiller likes Google alot; calls them a disruptor and says they are the leader in AI and driverless cars. These two categories should add to revenue in the future.

Picked up some shares today; price looks reasonable. Lets hope it continues to sell off (I would love for it to get cheap enough to back up the truck). This company looks ideally positioned to do very welll in the coming years. (I am going for ‘a great business at a reasonable price’ thesis :-)

CorpRaider

• The Corpraider
« Reply #1929 on: November 21, 2018, 05:36:17 AM »
I'm watching too.  Needs to keep coming.  Don't like the dual class structure/governance and compensation issues.  I think Waze and google maps could/will be valuable as fk.  I look up directions now and it offers me the chance to hire an uber or lyft right in the app.  Also google assistant blows alexa and siri out of the water in my experience.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:14:08 AM by CorpRaider »