Author Topic: GUD.V - Knight Therapeutics  (Read 49923 times)

snowball82

Re: GUD.V - Knight Therapeutics
« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2020, 06:11:52 PM »
Interesting days to come for Knight therapeutics.

AGM tomorow

Q1 results Friday

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/06/18/2050479/0/en/Notice-of-Knight-Therapeutics-First-Quarter-2020-Results-Conference-Call.html

Grupo Biotoscana Q1 results Friday

https://api.mziq.com/mzfilemanager/v2/d/f78739c6-0e47-4145-8a2e-947b5835a922/a070974b-0187-6138-7d77-fc03944c8ce2?origin=1

Expectations are likely low with the pandemic and the brazilian real but who knows. What are your expectations ?

Very good question Snowball!

Here some info from a new report:

‪ “Street estimates for Q1 are for sales of $55 million and EBITDA of ~$5 million (nine per cent margin) and near our estimates. We see the forecasts for Q1 as valid with COVID-19 potentially impacting Q2 with large exposure to the Brazil market (56 per cent of GBT’s sales). However, we also see resilience in GBT’s therapeutic areas, including Onco& Onco-Hematology (43 per cent of sales) and infectious diseases (36 per cent of sales),” Keywood wrote.

“The bar is low as well in our view on a year-over-year basis with a small operating business in Canada prior, relative to the capital structure. Although some caution is always prudent, given the current environment, we remain bullish on Knight and ahead of Q1 considering the overall reward to risk profile, including $400 million in cash,” Keywood wrote.

https://www.cantechletter.com/2020/06/knight-therapeutics-q1-stifel/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 06:27:57 PM by snowball82 »

valueinvestor

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2020, 01:24:31 AM »
 ;)

You're the unsung hero of COBF. The hero COBF deserves, but doesn't need.

Always admired Jonathan and you, who kept us up-to-date and probably bought more into what seems a perpetually cheap stock. I always read your posts, and hopefully you don't stop because of the lack of response. Reason why I don't is because there's nothing to add - Jonathan was clear. It's going to take at least a decade to play out, Paladin took a decade to get to an inflection point before the stock ripped upward. It seems Knight is getting to the same track, or possibly shorter because of COVID-19.

Question: Why are you still invested? I was invested when they had the voucher, and got out afterwards, but never saw a reason to get in relative to other companies. I still think their acquisition will still need time to be digested, and more capital must be deployed to move the needle. They definitely have a precious baby in the making, but nine months is still needed for delivery. Do you see any catalyst or is it an alternative to cash?

snowball82

« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2020, 12:13:18 PM »
;)

You're the unsung hero of COBF. The hero COBF deserves, but doesn't need.

Always admired Jonathan and you, who kept us up-to-date and probably bought more into what seems a perpetually cheap stock. I always read your posts, and hopefully you don't stop because of the lack of response. Reason why I don't is because there's nothing to add - Jonathan was clear. It's going to take at least a decade to play out, Paladin took a decade to get to an inflection point before the stock ripped upward. It seems Knight is getting to the same track, or possibly shorter because of COVID-19.

Question: Why are you still invested? I was invested when they had the voucher, and got out afterwards, but never saw a reason to get in relative to other companies. I still think their acquisition will still need time to be digested, and more capital must be deployed to move the needle. They definitely have a precious baby in the making, but nine months is still needed for delivery. Do you see any catalyst or is it an alternative to cash?

Thank you. I think it takes time to build a ROW platform with the right synergistic specialties. The opportunities are where the large pharmas don’t chase.

I still have to read all the Q1 results.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/06/26/2053988/0/en/Knight-Therapeutics-Reports-First-Quarter-2020-Results.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:33:43 PM by snowball82 »

Spekulatius

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2020, 04:38:44 AM »
Been following this for a while, the cheapskate I am. Some not so original thoughts:
Biotoscana seems like a dog - low gross margins, SA exposure, mostly licensed drugs

What are these little deals where they spent a few thousand $ on deals? Is any of this likely to move the needle? why even bother ? My guess sooner or later this company will create some value with an interesting deal but right now it looks like a value trap.

Again, I also want to thank snowball82 to keep this on our radar screen.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

snowball82

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
BN sees $ 0.25 EPS for the year. I personally expect than the new deals for LATAM won’t start before they close the GBT’s deal. Strategy 101.
https://www.tickerreport.com/banking-finance/5865348/fy2020-earnings-forecast-for-knight-therapeutics-inc-tsegud-issued-by-national-bank-financial.html

snowball82

« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2020, 02:44:43 PM »

snowball82

« Reply #148 on: Today at 02:08:37 PM »
MONTREAL, July 08, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Knight Therapeutics Inc. (TSX: GUD) and its wholly owned subsidiary 1178991 CANADA INC. ("Knight" or “Offeror”) today announced that the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (Comissăo de Valores Mobiliários) (“CVM”) has approved the Tender Offer process filed by 1178991 CANADA INC. for the acquisition of all outstanding Brazilian Depositary Receipts (“BDRs”) of Biotoscana Investments S.A. (“GBT” or “Company”).

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/07/08/2059598/0/en/Knight-Therapeutics-Announces-CVM-Approval-of-the-Tender-Offer-for-remaining-48-8-of-Grupo-Biotoscana.html