Author Topic: HHC - Howard Hughes Corp  (Read 61363 times)

BG2008

Re: HHC - Howard Hughes Corp
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2019, 09:14:07 AM »
I'm sticking to my position in Beyond Meat, it is the future.  This move in HHC is Ackman trying to window dress just before quarter end.  Short HHC!!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:22:46 AM by BG2008 »

Gamecock-YT

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2019, 09:45:29 AM »
I'm sticking to my position in Beyond Meat, it is the future.  This move in HHC is Ackman trying to window dress just before quarter end.  Short HHC!!

This was my thoughts as well, a position of strength to liquidate into. He’s gradually been selling the past few quarters.

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2019, 10:01:47 AM »

This was my thoughts as well, a position of strength to liquidate into. He’s gradually been selling the past few quarters.

I think BG2008 was being sarcastic, but I do think there's something to this line of thinking. As you mention, Ackman (who is still Chairman of the BOD) has been selling. Presumably he would welcome the opportunity to sell the rest of his position at higher prices.

Gregmal

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »
Yea lets not forget the stunt Billy Boy pulled with AGN. Certainly not out of the question, and IMO more likely than not his own interests figured into this. This has nothing to do with HHC fundamentally though. Outside of the fact shareholder just got their next 3 years worth of returns in one day.

peridotcapital

• Peridot Capital Management LLC
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2019, 11:53:46 AM »
Fortunately for us, Ackman has minimal financial incentive to get cute with this in the short term... it was just 2% of his disclosed 13F positions at last quarter-end. I am paring back the position and will see what happens. Decent chance nothing big comes of this and I can buy it all back 20% lower...

BG2008

« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2019, 03:06:03 PM »
Yea lets not forget the stunt Billy Boy pulled with AGN. Certainly not out of the question, and IMO more likely than not his own interests figured into this. This has nothing to do with HHC fundamentally though. Outside of the fact shareholder just got their next 3 years worth of returns in one day.

I didn't really pay much attention to AGN, what did Billy Boy do? 

BG2008

« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2019, 03:10:20 PM »
Ackman's got a 5% position with derivatives and what not

I think NAV is $180-220.  Best buyer likely pension funds like CALPER and can hold for 30 years.  That or Jeff Bezos if he wants to build an Amazon utopia in Summerlin Vegas.  Pay code monkeys $200k and they can live like kings in $500k houses.   This applies in The Woodlands as well. 

Gregmal

« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2019, 03:34:39 PM »

I didn't really pay much attention to AGN, what did Billy Boy do?

I don’t recall exactly every detail, but more or less...He pitched Mike Pearson on having VRX buy AGN, with the agreement that he would first go out and buy a 10% position(along with having VRX buy some time too which I believe he finagled a profit share agreement on). He then built the entire position using OTC calls so his capital outlay to acquire 10% of a $60B company was only like a couple hundred million. Upon announcing the deal he more or less made 100% on his money in a few weeks. Until of course he had to give it all back in an SEC settlement.

Well, “supposedly” he did those things. One of the ballsiest things I’ve ever seen.

BG2008

« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2019, 10:25:36 AM »

See, I told you, this was a short yesterday.  Down $8 since yesterday's close.   [Sarcasm intended]

Schwab711

« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »

Are you really long BYND?