Author Topic: HOTR - Chanticleer Holdings  (Read 28401 times)

hellsten

Re: HOTR - Chanticleer Holdings
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 12:46:15 PM »
Up 20% today. I wonder why. Unusually high volume. No news.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 12:52:15 PM »
Up 20% today. I wonder why. Unusually high volume. No news.

Yes huge volume. Someone just decided to buy a lot of shares.    I was thinking about adding under $4 recently and decided I didn't want to allocate any more to this.  It's already a 5% position I don't like holding more than that in a company this size.

constructive

• My Seeking Alpha articles
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
Maybe Biglari is buying. Substantial overlap / synergy between Maxim and Hooters skeezy clientele.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »
Maybe Biglari is buying. Substantial overlap / synergy between Maxim and Hooters skeezy clientele.

There's nothing at EnhanceHooters.com yet.

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »

Shouldn't that be "EnhancingHooters.com" or "EnhancedHooters.com"?   ;D  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2014, 05:45:31 PM »

Shouldn't that be "EnhancingHooters.com" or "EnhancedHooters.com"?   ;D  Cheers!

That's what I was thinking.  When I was posting that before I was half expecting it to lead to some sleazy plastic surgeon's website offering a 2 for 1 special.

OracleofCarolina

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »
http://ir.stockpr.com/chanticleerholdings/company-news/detail/824

Still losing money...Hopefully things will improve this year

moustachio

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 07:16:22 PM »
From 10K:
"Cash requirements and capital expenditures:
 In 2014, we expect to open or acquire one restaurant in each of the following countries or continents Brazil, Europe and South Africa, and two restaurants in Australia. The Company expects the total cash requirements for these restaurants to be approximately $5.0 million.
In addition, we expect general and administrative expenses to be approximately $3.5-$4.0 million for 2014."

This company looks like it will be a money losing dilution machine for some time to come.

ItsAValueTrap

• Blog
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 01:46:33 PM »
https://web.archive.org/web/20130318090443/http://www.missionir.com/clients.html

They were a former client of Mission IR.

Richard Pearson writes about the Dream Team / Mission IR at
http://seekingalpha.com/article/2112373-behind-the-scenes-with-proactive-inovio-and-unilife

I think it's the same Mission IR???
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:51:56 PM by ItsAValueTrap »
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. " -Buffett

my blog

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »
From 10K:
"Cash requirements and capital expenditures:
 In 2014, we expect to open or acquire one restaurant in each of the following countries or continents Brazil, Europe and South Africa, and two restaurants in Australia. The Company expects the total cash requirements for these restaurants to be approximately $5.0 million.
In addition, we expect general and administrative expenses to be approximately $3.5-$4.0 million for 2014."

This company looks like it will be a money losing dilution machine for some time to come.

I have no idea what Mike is doing now!  The company seems to be growing at any cost, regardless of dilution, profitability or any rational plan.  We sold our shares after he sold the asset management business. 

I have no idea what is keeping the stock afloat, because the financials get uglier every year and the number of shares outstanding is ballooning!  Crazy what has happened.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!