Author Topic: IACI - IAC/InterActiveCorp  (Read 42363 times)

Xerxes

Re: IACI - IAC/InterActiveCorp
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2021, 07:25:30 PM »
Thanks folks,
Agreed that the supply-side doesn't need ANGI demand pipeline in this situation given the abundance of work, but if it can insert itself as e-platform in-between matching supply and demand without getting a cut, it can (to your point) lower future acquisition cost for the consumer and even buy some goodwill. Or if they can bring extra capacity from the outside at a cost to them. Either way it will be an investment they have to make.

It is just hard for me to believe that a firm that whose raison d'etre is this kind of work, will not find a way to capitalize on this.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
Re: IACI - IAC/InterActiveCorp
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2021, 07:36:54 AM »
Thanks folks,
Agreed that the supply-side doesn't need ANGI demand pipeline in this situation given the abundance of work, but if it can insert itself as e-platform in-between matching supply and demand without getting a cut, it can (to your point) lower future acquisition cost for the consumer and even buy some goodwill. Or if they can bring extra capacity from the outside at a cost to them. Either way it will be an investment they have to make.

It is just hard for me to believe that a firm that whose raison d'etre is this kind of work, will not find a way to capitalize on this.

I risk to sound like a broken record, but personally ANGI "inserting itself" has had zero value to me as a customer in the past.
I'll believe it when I see it.  ::)

Curiously enough I (still) have a position in ANGI. Mostly because of (mistaken?) belief in IAC owners/management and somewhat cheapish valuation. I'm gonna be very positively surprised if ANGI manages to multibagger from here.
"Human civilization? It might be a good idea." - Not Gandhi
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
"Money is an illusion" - Not Karl Marx
-----------------------