Author Topic: IAM.TO - Integrated Asset Management  (Read 6717 times)

writser

Re: IAM.TO - Integrated Asset Management
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 07:03:35 AM »
Fiera Capital Q3 financials are out today. I was thinking maybe there would be an updated CVR valuation based on a H1 2020 fund valuation but no such thing. CVR's still on the book for C$5m in total, ~28.7m CVR's outstanding makes for about C$0.17 per CVR.
I'm sorry if I have offended you. Please contact this forum's safe space coordinator to work things out.

@thewritser

writser

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 07:24:07 AM »
Well, I see no official confirmation anywhere yet but it looks like former IAM shareholders received C$0.256 or something like that per CVR today. Some armchair research (i.e. Google) leads to this: Fiera divested the GPM 11 fund (link) earlier this year which was ahead of schedule, as far as I know. GPM 11 and GPM 12 were the two funds connected to the CVR (link), with GPM-11 scheduled to mature in 2021 and GPM-12 in 2024.

So, it looks like only one of the funds was divested yet it already paid out as much as the CVR was valued at during the deal ($0.257 undiscounted, $0.174 discounted, if my notes are correct). So, a large payout, way faster than expected and still more expected. And best of all, I got paid to own the CVR. Super nice.

This was already one of my favorite trades in 2019, before the CVR actually paid out anything, but now it certainly is.
I'm sorry if I have offended you. Please contact this forum's safe space coordinator to work things out.

@thewritser

cashisking

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 12:18:22 PM »
Insiders owned more than 40% if I recall? One of the most important predictors of CVR success IMHO.

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 05:02:07 PM »
Well, I see no official confirmation anywhere yet but it looks like former IAM shareholders received C$0.256 or something like that per CVR today. Some armchair research (i.e. Google) leads to this: Fiera divested the GPM 11 fund (link) earlier this year which was ahead of schedule, as far as I know. GPM 11 and GPM 12 were the two funds connected to the CVR (link), with GPM-11 scheduled to mature in 2021 and GPM-12 in 2024.

So, it looks like only one of the funds was divested yet it already paid out as much as the CVR was valued at during the deal ($0.257 undiscounted, $0.174 discounted, if my notes are correct). So, a large payout, way faster than expected and still more expected. And best of all, I got paid to own the CVR. Super nice.

This was already one of my favorite trades in 2019, before the CVR actually paid out anything, but now it certainly is.

I checked with Fiera and the 25.6 cents is the payout on GPM 11. They closed the sale of the portfolio in April and probably top ticked the market.

https://www.realestateforums.com/content/dam/Informa/realestateforums/portal/2020/whitepapers---reports/report-pdfs/Fiera%20Real%20Estate%20announces%20the%20successful%20divestiture%20of%20GPM%2011%20Fund%2015.4%20FINAL%20.pdf