Author Topic: IBKR - Interactive Brokers  (Read 172635 times)

rpadebet

Re: IBKR - Interactive Brokers
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:52 AM »
I just moved to IBKR. Do you guys subscribe to real time quotes? I mainly invest in US companies but I don't want to pay a $10 monthly fee just to get the real time of stock prices. This is going to make it more expensive than other brokerages. I rarely trades.. Probably 10-20 trades per year.

I use my etrade account to get my free real time quotes when I want to trade. I have a ira there. I rarely trade and I am quite happy with 15 min delayed data on my portfolio at other times.

Btw if you don't mind delayed data on options and otc stocks most of which rarely trade anyway, you can build ala carte real time subscription for only US stocks around 4-5 bucks a month. Its cheaper than the 10$ option, but I don't know why you would need it when there are plenty of free options.
You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
                       - Steve Jobs

rmitz

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2015, 01:16:41 PM »
I just moved to IBKR. Do you guys subscribe to real time quotes? I mainly invest in US companies but I don't want to pay a $10 monthly fee just to get the real time of stock prices. This is going to make it more expensive than other brokerages. I rarely trades.. Probably 10-20 trades per year.

I donít.

Hielko

« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »
I do, but if you generate enough commissions ($30/month or something like that) you get the value bundle for free. I also pay for the NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX quotes, but that's mainly because I'm too lazy to look up real-time quotes at another broker since  I do almost all my trading at IB and it's just a couple of dollars a month.

marazul

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »
This might be pretty obvious to some, but how does IBKR fund their margin loans? Thanks for the helpful information.

kab60

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2015, 10:19:08 AM »
CEO recently asked why a lot of IBKR investors use another broker; having tried to sign up twice, I think I know why. It's such a fucking hassle compared to my other brokers. They've returned three different proofs of address with a generic comment. Oh well - guess it means there are some low hanging fruits.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2015, 11:30:40 AM »
CEO recently asked why a lot of IBKR investors use another broker;

Horrible website, interface, reports.

Also with Fido I know that I only need to call and any complex issue will be cleared. I haven't had an issue with Fido phone (or Internet chat) support yet (fingers crossed). Even if they can't resolve it immediately, they dig until they can. Also Fido has solo 401(k) support.

This for me is worth a lot.

Ah, sorry, I am not IBKR investor. :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:32:26 AM by Jurgis »
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

oddballstocks

• Lifetime Member
    • Oddball Stocks Blog
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »
CEO recently asked why a lot of IBKR investors use another broker; having tried to sign up twice, I think I know why. It's such a fucking hassle compared to my other brokers. They've returned three different proofs of address with a generic comment. Oh well - guess it means there are some low hanging fruits.

People on here LOVE IBKR, so I decided today to try to roll over my wife's IRA from Vanguard.  The process restarted on me once and is extremely confusing.  I'm trying to get my money to them and they keep putting up blockades to do so.

I just quit, I spent 30m trying to open the account and finally gave up.
The ultimate edge for bank investors: http://www.completebankdata.com

doughishere

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »

People on here LOVE IBKR, so I decided today to try to roll over my wife's IRA from Vanguard.  The process restarted on me once and is extremely confusing.  I'm trying to get my money to them and they keep putting up blockades to do so.

I just quit, I spent 30m trying to open the account and finally gave up.

#FirstWorldProblems

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »
#FirstWorldProblems

Perhaps. But ultimately I pay Fido <0.5% of my assets for all the services they provide. Sure, I might pay IBKR only 0.1%, but it's not worth the headache for me. (The percentages are somewhat crude estimates. They are likely lower for Fido and possibly for IBKR).
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2015, 12:58:52 PM »
#FirstWorldProblems

Perhaps. But ultimately I pay Fido <0.5% of my assets for all the services they provide. Sure, I might pay IBKR only 0.1%, but it's not worth the headache for me. (The percentages are somewhat crude estimates. They are likely lower for Fido and possibly for IBKR).

One way to look at it: How long do you plan to invest and how much of a cumulative difference does that delta adds up to compounded over that period?
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen