Author Topic: IBKR - Interactive Brokers  (Read 172405 times)

Gamecock-YT

Re: IBKR - Interactive Brokers
« Reply #560 on: October 01, 2019, 07:40:28 AM »
The race to the bottom continues...

fareastwarriors

« Reply #561 on: October 01, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »

TD Ameritrade Introduces $0 Commissions for Online Stock, ETF and Option Trades

https://www.amtd.com/news-and-stories/press-releases/press-release-details/2019/The-Best-Just-Got-Better-TD-Ameritrade-Introduces-0-Commissions-for-Online-Stock-ETF-and-Option-Trades/default.aspx

Expect much further consolidation of the discount brokerage industry.

Scale or sale!

mcliu

« Reply #562 on: October 01, 2019, 05:12:55 PM »
When will they pay us to trade?  ::)

Spekulatius

« Reply #563 on: October 01, 2019, 05:47:41 PM »

I would like a money back guarantee, if the trades goes wrong.

FWIW, I have an account with Wells Fargo (grandfathered 100 free trades/year) and will move it to Schwab most likely at the end of the year. I also have accounts with Fidelity (great, but not OTC stock friendly and Interactive Brokers). I think Fidelity will respond with zero commissions this week.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Hielko

« Reply #564 on: October 02, 2019, 12:06:10 AM »
If you provide liquidity on the right trading venue they do pay you already :)

fareastwarriors

scorpioncapital

• Lifetime Member
    • scorpion capital
« Reply #566 on: October 08, 2019, 11:41:55 AM »
Just wondering when ib will offer debit cards outside USA. Wondering if it's a legal or money laundering issue with MasterCard...

bizaro86

« Reply #567 on: October 20, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »
Hmm.. looks like it is on the open market, which is specifically excluded. I think I may need to sell these if IEX doesn't get registered by the end of the year. Maybe I can generate similar exposure with options in my non-registered account, as I flat out can't buy the same amount of shares. This is not great...

Update on this - I spent a bunch of time on it and concluded that neither the IEX listing or the Frankfurt listing met the requirements, but that their options were listed on a registered exchange. (Thanks rb!) So I sold the shares and  bought the same number of deep in the money calls in my rrsp. I should have saved the premiums (which weren't huge) because they have decided to move to Nasdaq, so I'd have been fine to hold the shares. I'll exercise the options prior to their expiry and keep my exposure.

I'm considering adding here, as I think IBKR has the lowest costs. That should mean lower commissions hurt them the least of all their competitors. In some ways, zero commissions might be a catalyst for people to look around, and those who do and are candidates for IB should be attracted to their other features (margin rates, for example)