Author Topic: IBKR - Interactive Brokers  (Read 207520 times)

rb

Re: IBKR - Interactive Brokers
« Reply #620 on: June 26, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »
Does anyone else have problems navigating the IB website (not client portal).

For a while now I keep getting This Site Can't Be Reached / Secure Connection Failed type errors. I tried 3 browsers and from my iphone, same crap. Wondering if I got a problem of does anyone else experience that. it's really annoying.

Spekulatius

« Reply #621 on: June 26, 2020, 02:29:37 PM »
Does anyone else have problems navigating the IB website (not client portal).

For a while now I keep getting This Site Can't Be Reached / Secure Connection Failed type errors. I tried 3 browsers and from my iphone, same crap. Wondering if I got a problem of does anyone else experience that. it's really annoying.

Seems to work fine on my end. It could be a temporary problem with your internet provider. I have had similar things happen to me every once a while with certain websites.
Life is too short for cheap beer and wine.

Spekulatius

« Reply #622 on: December 07, 2020, 04:22:35 AM »
Looks like IB has one of those rare outages this morning 12/7/2020, starting 6:50 EST.

gfp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #623 on: December 07, 2020, 06:32:20 AM »
rare indeed - looks like they couldn't get it sorted before the open.  Please post here if you are able to access trader workstation.  Thanks

We have experienced a significant failure in multiple segments of a highly resilient data storage system. We have engaged the vendor for analysis and recovery. Independently, we are rerouting modules of the overall IB brokerage system to our backup recovery centers.
We recognize the dislocation this has caused to our clients, and express our apologies. Based on the current situation, we expect a prompt recovery, and will of course, keep interested parties informed in a timely manner.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 07:01:11 AM by gfp »

Spekulatius

« Reply #624 on: December 07, 2020, 07:07:53 AM »
Systems appear to be up and running again at 10:02AM when I checked. This took a while. I bet a couple of IT guys there have a really bad day.

Dalal.Holdings

« Reply #625 on: December 07, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »
Many years ago I had an idea that IBKR was a low cost broker with great execution that could maybe be the AMZN of brokerages.

They’ve done plenty to counter that thesis. Technology seems to be a major issue.

muscleman

« Reply #626 on: December 07, 2020, 07:59:45 AM »
Many years ago I had an idea that IBKR was a low cost broker with great execution that could maybe be the AMZN of brokerages.

They’ve done plenty to counter that thesis. Technology seems to be a major issue.

They cater a specific client base. Ones who can do research themselves and have reasonable self learning ability for their complex platform.
Other brokers all target the mom and pops.

With that said, I have no insights on whether IBKR's growth path is strong over the long term.
I am muslceman. I have more muscle than brain!

boilermaker75

« Reply #627 on: December 07, 2020, 08:33:33 AM »

That was true several years ago. I am now thinking about closing my IB account because I prefer other platforms, like Schwab, for my trading and I no longer get better execution at IB. I never get a better price than the limit I put in and I used to often get a better price.

aws

« Reply #628 on: December 07, 2020, 08:47:47 AM »
Still down for me, 5 hours and counting.

kab60

« Reply #629 on: December 07, 2020, 08:50:14 AM »
Lucky day for their systems to suck. Mine has been working for an hour or something like that now. Could've cost a fortune during March.