Author Topic: GLIBA/LVNTA - GCI Liberty  (Read 100320 times)

jgyetzer

Re: GLIBA/LVNTA - GCI Liberty
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2020, 03:11:58 PM »
I'm getting 24% discount to NAV for GLIBA and 15% for LBRDK.  If you could collapse the LBRDK discount, then GLIBA would be 30% off.

All of that is of course ignoring taxes on investment gains as per Malone doctrine😬.  I simply applied GCI purchase price.  Could argue that should be higher or lower.

Gamecock-YT

« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2020, 05:51:06 AM »
It’s finally happening. 8-K this morning.

a potential business combination transaction between Liberty Broadband and GCI Liberty (the “Potential Combination”), in which Liberty Broadband would acquire all of the outstanding shares of Series A common stock, Series B common stock, and Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (“GCI Liberty Preferred Stock”), of GCI Liberty in a stock-for-stock merger. The Possible Exchange Ratio, which remains subject to the negotiation of mutually acceptable transaction agreements, would consist of (i) 0.5800 of a share of Liberty Broadband Series C common stock for each outstanding share of GCI Liberty Series A common stock, (ii) 0.5800 of a share of Liberty Broadband Series B common stock for each outstanding share of GCI Liberty Series B common stock, and (iii) one share of a newly issued series of preferred stock of Liberty Broadband (“Liberty Broadband Preferred Stock”) for each outstanding share of GCI Liberty Preferred Stock, with the new Liberty Broadband Preferred Stock bearing substantially identical terms and conditions to the GCI Liberty Preferred Stock.

Munger_Disciple

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2020, 09:07:54 AM »
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200806005929/en/Liberty-Broadband-GCI-Liberty-Announce-Proposed-Combination

Definitive merger agreement between Liberty Broadband & GCI Liberty. Fairly large break-up fees in the agreement which means this is essentially a done deal. Given the shared C-suite, there was never any doubt anyhow.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 04:11:25 PM by Munger_Disciple »