Author Topic: MTY - MTY Food Group  (Read 29232 times)

finetrader

• Lifetime Member
Re: MTY - MTY Food Group
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
I don't know Papa Murphy but I will look at their past financial results.

From today's press release. They will add, 30M$ CAD to EBITDA. So about 20M$ CAD to FCF if the financial structure is similar to the rest of MTY.

https://mtygroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Project-Columbia-Press-Release-2019.04.11-FINAL_EN-1.pdf

Live to invest, invest to live

IanBezek

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2019, 12:35:37 PM »
I think this is an awful deal, but I was short-biased on Papa Murphy's so that could just be me. 13 straight quarters of declining SSS in a booming economy is pretty terrible though.

As for FCF, MTY is taking on ~U$80 million in debt from Papa Murphy's so FCF may be lower than you expect based on EBITDA. The adjusted EBITDA number they use is pretty fishy as well as they've had recurring "one-time" charges for several years now, and given that they need to close more stores, these should recur again this year.

LaGrandeBelleza

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2019, 02:25:35 AM »
Lastest results have been a bit of a disaster in my opinion. It's gonna take longer to integrate this last acquisition, although I've to admit I'm biased against Papa Murphy's purchase, too risky on my book however there are still synergies and cost savings to achieve. Once they trim down these corporate stores we'll have a clearer picture of the deal.

I'm surprised this doesn't grab more attention among the CoBF community. I would love to hear your thoughts on the co, specially if they are short biased.

finetrader

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »
ya.

looking at FCF, they are on pace to achieve 100M.

Same as last year. So with all the acquisiton they did, mainly Papa Murphy,  FCF did not improve.

It is concerning
Live to invest, invest to live

LaGrandeBelleza

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2020, 07:09:29 AM »
Does anyone has an insight on what's going on with these 'whistleblower allegations' and how does that affect the accounts that have been delayed?