Author Topic: RCII - Rent-A-Center  (Read 27248 times)

Foreign Tuffett

Re: RCII - Rent-A-Center
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2018, 07:01:55 AM »
Any informed thoughts on whether a deal with Vintage gets signed? Also, what could be Vintage's rationale for such an aggressive deadline ("Our offer will remain open and capable of acceptance until 5:00 p.m., Eastern time, on Friday, June 15, 2018")? Presumably they want shareholders to pressure RCII's, but why give a deadline only a few days away from the initial filing?
Former Teldar Paper Vice President

LowIQinvestor

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »
Any informed thoughts on whether a deal with Vintage gets signed? Also, what could be Vintage's rationale for such an aggressive deadline ("Our offer will remain open and capable of acceptance until 5:00 p.m., Eastern time, on Friday, June 15, 2018")? Presumably they want shareholders to pressure RCII's, but why give a deadline only a few days away from the initial filing?

That would be my guess. Create urgency & get shareholders scared of the alternative of not accepting the $14 per share.

I think $14 is too low.

Look at AAN & CONN as comps and it is easy to justify a $20 stock price in a successful turn-around

LowIQinvestor

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2018, 05:15:14 AM »
Bam!

Rent-A-Center to be Acquired by Vintage Capital for $15.00 Per Share in Cash

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rent-center-acquired-vintage-capital-120000700.html

given2invest

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2018, 07:04:29 AM »
congrats everyone

writser

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
Unfortunately I chickened out at some point. Congrats too those who didn't.
I'm sorry if I have offended you. Please contact this forum's safe space coordinator to work things out.

@thewritser

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2018, 05:45:49 AM »

writser

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2018, 06:16:56 AM »
Accordingly, Rent-A-Center notified Vintage Capital today of Rent-A-Centerís termination of the Merger Agreement and noted Vintage Capitalís obligation under the terms of the Merger Agreement to pay the Company a reverse breakup fee of $126,500,000 within three business days.

zzzing.
I'm sorry if I have offended you. Please contact this forum's safe space coordinator to work things out.

@thewritser

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2018, 06:30:36 AM »
Accordingly, Rent-A-Center notified Vintage Capital today of Rent-A-Centerís termination of the Merger Agreement and noted Vintage Capitalís obligation under the terms of the Merger Agreement to pay the Company a reverse breakup fee of $126,500,000 within three business days.

zzzing.

I doubt Vintage is going to hand over that much $ without a fight. Lawsuits and counter-suits coming?

writser

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2018, 06:50:07 AM »
Probably. I'm wondering what is going on here. Why did Vintage Capital not send an extension notice? If I remember correctly they weren't that large .. Seems like a massive break-up fee to me, wondering if they can cough that up even if they wanted to. Interesting to see how this all works out. No opinion on the stock itself.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:51:48 AM by writser »

@thewritser

writser

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2018, 06:53:54 AM »
I'm probably an idiot but I don't understand the price action at all .. Squeeze? I'm short a token amount of shares.

@thewritser