Author Topic: SRG - Seritage Growth Properties  (Read 369284 times)

johnny

Re: SRG - Seritage Growth Properties
« Reply #850 on: July 22, 2019, 08:32:43 PM »
Buying a box for $20 a square foot and immediately renting out a chunk at $18/ft to the city. Sounds like small town capitalism at its finest.

RadMan24

« Reply #851 on: July 23, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »
Buying a box for $20 a square foot and immediately renting out a chunk at $18/ft to the city. Sounds like small town capitalism at its finest.

There's a burlington empty box, Sears empty box, and JCP, on the verge of being empty.

I'd also take the $3 million and run.

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #852 on: August 03, 2019, 07:55:00 AM »
Is anyone still involved here?

New Sears is down to 50 properties and $20.3 million in annual rent.

SRG continues to sell properties. Notably, they have sold properties that have been wholly or partially redeveloped like Hagerstown, Santa Cruz, and Vancouver (WA). I think this signals that management feels it needs to generate liquidity, even at the cost of maximizing long term value.

TwoCitiesCapital

« Reply #853 on: August 03, 2019, 08:32:26 AM »

SRG continues to sell properties. Notably, they have sold properties that have been wholly or partially redeveloped like Hagerstown, Santa Cruz, and Vancouver (WA). I think this signals that management feels it needs to generate liquidity, even at the cost of maximizing long term value.

I am, but it's a very small position and I'm not optimistic about the near term.

Has been an easy trading vehicle for me though - buy below $40 and sell above $45. Sell covered calls in between. Made a few rounds trips in the name so my profits have been secured while I wait.

RadMan24

« Reply #854 on: August 03, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »

They have not sold Santa Cruz, entered into a partnership to co-develop property. Could they have developed the property without outside investment? Possibly, but then again, you have to manage the risk of Sears stores not bringing in any income.

I would, if you're just starting out, focus on the cash flow - either from rent, property sales, termination fees, minus capex and then look at property development pipeline to get a sense of future cash flows 3-5 years from now

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #855 on: August 03, 2019, 12:31:32 PM »

They have not sold Santa Cruz, entered into a partnership to co-develop property. Could they have developed the property without outside investment? Possibly, but then again, you have to manage the risk of Sears stores not bringing in any income.

I would, if you're just starting out, focus on the cash flow - either from rent, property sales, termination fees, minus capex and then look at property development pipeline to get a sense of future cash flows 3-5 years from now

Wrong

Santa Cruz - sold

Santa Monica - 50/50 JV

Santa Claus - the fat guy who shows up on Christmas

Santa Maria - one of Columbus' ships

Hope this helps.

RadMan24

« Reply #856 on: August 03, 2019, 12:44:57 PM »
fair enough

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #857 on: November 08, 2019, 06:35:35 AM »
"Transform Holdco" aka "New Sears" is terminating leases for 29 more stores

https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1628063/000156459019042009/srg-8k_20191104.htm