Author Topic: SSW - Seaspan Corp  (Read 175031 times)

NBL0303

Re: SSW - Seaspan Corp
« Reply #580 on: December 18, 2019, 06:46:14 AM »
My guess is the dividend stays. It doesnít take up much of the FCF and that % will fall as they redeploy capital and grow FCF. I also suspect FFH wants the divi given their stated target to get to $1bn in dividend and interest income.

I didn't know this - so Prem has said that he wants FFH to generate $1 billion annually from dividends and interest?

petec

« Reply #581 on: December 18, 2019, 08:33:22 AM »
My guess is the dividend stays. It doesnít take up much of the FCF and that % will fall as they redeploy capital and grow FCF. I also suspect FFH wants the divi given their stated target to get to $1bn in dividend and interest income.

I didn't know this - so Prem has said that he wants FFH to generate $1 billion annually from dividends and interest?

Canít remember if it was Prem or Rivett but Iíve heard it more than once and itís an explicit target. I suspect it was part of the motivation for selling APR, which did not pay a dividend but now, in effect, does.

Saluki

« Reply #582 on: January 16, 2020, 07:45:30 AM »
Seaspan and Swiber terminate their $200 million deal.

https://biv.com/article/2020/01/seaspan-corps-us200-million-swiber-plan-sidelined

I'm still very long SSW.  I hope SSW got a breakup fee. 
If it's important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it at all.  -Dan Gable

ValuePadawan

« Reply #583 on: January 16, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
A shame it didn't work out. Sokol sounded frustrated when talking about Swiber at the investor day so its not a huge surprise.